Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.2 [Release] Updated 22 April 2024  (Read 561370 times)

motaromk9

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 10.7 [Release] Updated 28 June 2021
« Reply #1290 on: June 28, 2021, 12:23:32 PM »
this theme is the most amazing for attract, congratulations! I have a little problem; when I use windows 10 or Arch linux I can download the arts and videos by scrape and xml import normally. But when I use windows 7 X64 I can't download anything from scrape. It gets stuck in the search screen. Are there any special procedures I should do? Do you have any idea how I can fix this?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 10.7 [Release] Updated 28 June 2021
« Reply #1291 on: June 28, 2021, 02:16:27 PM »
this theme is the most amazing for attract, congratulations!

Thank you :)

I have a little problem; when I use windows 10 or Arch linux I can download the arts and videos by scrape and xml import normally. But when I use windows 7 X64 I can't download anything from scrape. It gets stuck in the search screen. Are there any special procedures I should do? Do you have any idea how I can fix this?

This happens because AF uses curl to access internet, but curl is not available in Windows 7. You can try what @cybermat from the forum did some days ago: downloading curl.exe for your version of windows and put it in a path folder. From @cybermat message: "if you want auto update feature you should download https://curl.se/windows/ and put the files of 64 bit version under system32 directory (i put under syswow64 and was not working)"
I don't have a Win7 test system, but hopefully that will fix the issue...

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 10.8 [Release] Updated 12 August 2021
« Reply #1292 on: August 12, 2021, 02:19:35 AM »
Arcadeflow 10.8 is out!

No outstanding new features in this release, just new manufacturer logos to improve the visuals :)

Enjoy!

joacoza

• View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 22, 2021, 06:19:05 PM »
Hello.
How do I change the sorting method AF uses? I want to sort my list using the romlist file but nothing i do seems to change it.
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 06:30:52 PM by joacoza »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1294 on: August 22, 2021, 11:46:16 PM »
How do I change the sorting method AF uses? I want to sort my list using the romlist file but nothing i do seems to change it.

You can change the sort order in the utility menu of Arcadeflow, but at the moment there's no way to keep the sort order of a "custom ordered" romlist. It shouldn't be difficult to code a "sort as romlist" option, so I'll try to add it in the next release, although I think it will clash a bit with the letters markers at the bottom of the scroll bar. But that's a minor annoyance... so stay tuned :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1295 on: August 23, 2021, 12:13:22 AM »

In the meantime for a quick and dirty workaround, and if you don't mind some file editing, you can open the layout.nut file inside arcadeflow folder, search for this line:

Code: [Select]
z_listsort(z_list.orderby,z_list.reverse)
and comment it changing it to:

Code: [Select]
// z_listsort(z_list.orderby,z_list.reverse)
This will disable AF sorting completely and should show your list in the order you have it saved in the romlist file.

joacoza

• View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 23, 2021, 08:52:53 AM »
Wow! That did the trick, thank you so much!
This theme is amazing, keep up the good work!

tekn0

• View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: September 03, 2021, 06:27:51 PM »
Loving the theme so far! I'd like to make a feature request if possible. I'm building a vertical cabinet using a monitor tilted on its side. It would be great to use arcade machine images as the preview images. But even in vertical adaptive mode, the images are still squished. I think the images would basically be 16:9 but vertical flipped. This allows for the marquee, bezels, and controllers or coin doors to be shown on screen. It would be awesome to use this image format as previews with ArcadeFlow!

Here are some examples of some of the screenshots I am looking to use.
https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/5f4087b85a9aeff39cc88fcb/60318d4cc10889b3307a881a_altbeast-cpo-p-500.jpeg
https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/5f4087b85a9aeff39cc88fcb/5f8e681164543991671f4012_baddudes3.jpg

Here is a video overview of the project, and the website. All of the full arcade machine bezels are in 4k with retroarch and mame layout files.
https://youtu.be/fQYMinPhmdg
https://www.verticalarcade.com/
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 06:33:36 PM by tekn0 »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1298 on: September 04, 2021, 01:20:38 AM »
Loving the theme so far! I'd like to make a feature request if possible. I'm building a vertical cabinet using a monitor tilted on its side. It would be great to use arcade machine images as the preview images. But even in vertical adaptive mode, the images are still squished.

Interesting request! Actually I think the images are squished because the layout try to adapt them to 4:3 or 3:4 recognizing you are in an arcade romlist. I'll see if I can add a switch to force disable the AR adaptation, but I think the best way should be this: configure AM so that those images are used as "flyer" artwork instead of snap, and switch Arcadeflow to boxart mode, this should stop trying to adapt the AR...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 01:22:10 AM by zpaolo11x »

tekn0

• View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: September 05, 2021, 07:40:19 AM »
Interesting request! Actually I think the images are squished because the layout try to adapt them to 4:3 or 3:4 recognizing you are in an arcade romlist. I'll see if I can add a switch to force disable the AR adaptation, but I think the best way should be this: configure AM so that those images are used as "flyer" artwork instead of snap, and switch Arcadeflow to boxart mode, this should stop trying to adapt the AR...

That worked. Thank you! Once I get everything set up, I might have a few suggestions or small feature requests (things like closer zoom options) to really help this format shine using your amazing theme!

tekn0

• View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: September 08, 2021, 03:17:49 PM »
I tried playing with the padding ratios in the layout.nut file, but I was unable to create something like I made in this photoshop mockup.

Would it be possible to do some slight modifications to the layout.nut to create something like the image attached? All of these cabinet screenshots are the exact same size, some might look slightly off because of my terrible Photoshop work. Thank you so much for any assistance! :)

I have added a bunch of cabinet images in a zip for testing if that is helpful: https://file.io/Qnt5ipG2WU9w

« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 03:42:01 PM by tekn0 »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1301 on: September 08, 2021, 11:24:33 PM »
I tried playing with the padding ratios in the layout.nut file, but I was unable to create something like I made in this photoshop mockup.

I see what's the point here: Arcadeflow is built for flexibility so in order to accomodate different aspect ratios for games screens or box art, each "tile" has a square area that can be used to draw the actual screenshot/box-art. Depending on the aspect ratio, which is limited to a range from 1:2 to 2:1 (wider aspects are cropped) the actual "corners" of the artwork follow a squircle curve, so when different aspects are mixed together on screen, they all look with a similar area. This means though that very "tall" aspects, like 9:16 in your case, will have a large padding on the left and right and at the moment this can't be fixed because the tile real estate is, as I said, square.
I can see if changing the aspect ratio of the tile might mitigate the issue, but that's a deep change and will probably take some time, unless I do some dirty trick like altering the tile spacing. So let me think a bit about it and I'll get back with a solution (hopefully :D )

tekn0

• View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: September 09, 2021, 09:23:33 AM »
Thank you for helping me understand! That would be amazing if you had any suggestions or even a quick fix! A dirty trick is just fine! :) I really think this could be the ultimate theme for a vertical cabinet build with this layout!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1303 on: September 09, 2021, 10:44:59 PM »

I have added a bunch of cabinet images in a zip for testing if that is helpful: https://file.io/Qnt5ipG2WU9w

Can you please re-upload the archive?

Nevermind, I just downloaded some overlays and I'm using them to test. It's still buggy in the positioning of the selector, but it's shaping up quite well...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 01:00:47 AM by zpaolo11x »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1304 on: September 10, 2021, 01:47:19 AM »
Thank you for helping me understand! That would be amazing if you had any suggestions or even a quick fix! A dirty trick is just fine! :) I really think this could be the ultimate theme for a vertical cabinet build with this layout!

I think it's done: I tweaked the margins so that on a 9:16 screen you'll see 9 snapshots without other tiles being cut at the edges of the screen, you can still activate video thumbs with morphing AR if you want, or you just disable them.

Everything is ready to release but since I've changed many things in this version, and most of all it will require AttractMode+ to run, it might take a while to release... I can pack a beta release for you if you want to check it out