Author Topic: Attract Mode Theme - Star Trek LCARS  (Read 5087 times)

dmmarti

• View Profile
Attract Mode Theme - Star Trek LCARS
« on: May 11, 2017, 07:10:30 AM »
Hey everyone,

As a compliment to my Emulation Station Star Trek LCARS theme, I'm in the process of porting it over to AM.

One of the new additions to the AM theme is that the theme is going to make use of the [Overview] token to provide game descriptions.

I've already pre-made several thousand files and I'm in the process of finishing that up (just have the computer systems left to create).

Once I release the theme, I'll include all of the game description files along with instructions on where to copy them to.  Plus, I'm also going to provide a download link to the game description files themselves.  I'll also provide some sample code to put into a layout.nut file to use them.  So if you want to incorporate game descriptions into your themes, this may save you some time by not having to create them.

I've still got a little bit of work to do (game files, remaining system wheels, etc) ... but I'm hoping to release it in a couple of weeks. 

Below you can see what the AM theme will look like.  You can also find the ES LCARS theme on my Youtube channel along with its download link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9FsemDG6NA&spfreload=10

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 08:26:22 AM by dmmarti »

mahuti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Github Repositories
Re: Attract Mode Theme - Star Trek LCARS
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 08:10:19 AM »
Very well done. Not my thing.... but I can appreciate the quality. Nice work.

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 08:24:44 AM »
Thanks for sharing your work. Welcome to the forum.

bjose2345

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 02:09:41 PM »
totally awesome, just one question, with the overview text, if the description is to long for the slected space it will be scroll or just cut out the rest of the text that dont fix?

In any case many thanks for this great theme.

dmmarti

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 07:14:55 AM »
Right now ... the game text descriptions are static.  I've tried a couple of different methods to have them scroll, but I just can't quite seem to get it working good enough.  It'll work great with a larger description, but then stutter on the next game that only has a few words in it.

I haven't been able to solve the issue yet.  Luckily though, there's only been a few games that have descriptions larger than my text box size area.