Author Topic: Hyperspin themes in Attract-mode  (Read 38694 times)

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hyperspin themes in Attract-mode
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2016, 08:53:23 AM »
ryuuji-

I see that you have the correct display info in the attract.cfg but what about the layout info. There should be a layout_config entry for Media as well:

layout_config   Media
   param                displays_menu yes
   param                override_lag_ms 0
   param                overrides yes
   param                show_flyers yes
   param                show_prompts no
   param                speed default
   param                wheel_ms 100

ryuuji

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2016, 01:36:34 PM »
did that also ... same result
does not work for me I guess...

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2016, 11:02:27 PM »
I'm confused, is there a way to in the new version (2.0?) that allows a top level system selection menu, or do you have to customize the display menu.  can't believe this works at all.  Great work, can't wait to test this out.   Thanks

Hi Slydog, it is the latter... you have to customize the displays menu.  There are a bunch of new options for configuring how this menu works, so you can pretty much make it behave like a top level system menu:  each display can be configured whether it shows up in the menu, the FE can be set to always start in the displays menu, and you can configure your escape/back button to go back to the displays menu.

Hoping that I can point my media to another directory in the future so I can still use HyperSync to get media (I guess I can change hypersync, but its working so well now I hate to change anything with it.

Sorry I'm not sitting at my windows computer but I think you can make a hard link in the Attract-Mode layouts directory to your HyperSpin install, you can do it from the windows command shell using the mklink command:  https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753194.aspx

Also see: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

ryuuji

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2016, 04:29:37 AM »
any way to get wheel images displayed in the MAIN MENU (Display Menu) ?

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2016, 05:46:17 PM »
ok,
Got this working, thank you ryuuji!

but i have multiple themes for mame in the theme folder and only the default.zip theme shows up.
How do i pick the other themes?

ryuuji

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2016, 05:27:21 AM »
if you have themes for each game they should show up ... make sure the names are the same ( for example dino.zip (rom) = dino.zip (theme) and so on )

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2016, 05:48:23 AM »
not sure i follow.
why would I want to change the theme per game(rom)?

I just want to pick the digdug theme for example & stick with it for my mame emulator.

I don't use hyperspin so maybe i'm just not understanding how the frontend works.

chrisvg

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2016, 05:53:18 AM »
not sure i follow.
why would I want to change the theme per game(rom)?

I just want to pick the digdug theme for example & stick with it for my mame emulator.

I don't use hyperspin so maybe i'm just not understanding how the frontend works.

That's not how Hyperspin rolls though.  The "appeal" of Hyperspin for some people (not me) is that you DO have different themes for each game.

If you want to just use a single game theme from Hyperspin for everything, you'd have to make your own AM layout using the assets from the Hyperspin theme you want to use.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2016, 06:43:19 AM »
Actually, there might be another way. Try this, rename the Digdug theme to Default.zip in your Media/MAME folder. This will be the only theme in the folder. Now, every rom should use the Digdug theme. You might need to make some changes to the theme.xml in the Default.zip if it doesn't look right. You can also use a tool called hypertheme to edit or create themes.

Just to touch on things a little bit more - There is typically a Default theme in every hyperspin emulator folder because not every rom has a theme. This is where the Default theme comes in to play.

Anyway, the theme.xml is pretty straightforward stuff. But, if you need help let me know.     
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 09:34:13 PM by omegaman »

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2016, 06:59:39 AM »
I just tested it for you, and it works. The video is too far to the right for my tastes but you can always change the position in the theme.xml, like I said.

Also, make sure you only have zip files in the theme folders, no subfolders, otherwise AM might crash on you.   

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2016, 07:20:45 AM »
piece of the puzzle i was missing.
seems real strange way to do things.
not to knock hyperspin because there are some really nice theme's for it, but changing the theme every time you wheel to a new game is definitely not my thing.

Thanks guys.
I think "borrowing" assets from a hyperspin theme and inserting them in an existing AM layout I like is the way to go for now.

however, loading up my RPI2 and 3 with a bunch of game themes in mame and seeing how the hardware handles it is def. something i'd like to test.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 08:04:23 AM by nitrogen_widget »

ryuuji

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2016, 10:16:41 AM »
Hyperspin is looking for Default.zip or matching rom name in the themes folder.

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2016, 11:51:25 AM »
Hyperspin is looking for Default.zip or matching rom name in the themes folder.

so.....is there an archive of game themes out there or do i have to download them one at a time from their website? :)

ryuuji

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2016, 12:15:04 PM »
If you have premium account at hyperspin ... yes ... if not ... 1 by 1 from site

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2016, 01:40:28 PM »
oh gawd.
maybe i'll just do a handful for testing purposes. lol.