Author Topic: issue displaying artwork/Video  (Read 6197 times)

atrfate

• View Profile
issue displaying artwork/Video
« on: May 15, 2015, 09:23:57 PM »
Hello Attract mode!
Iv Really like the ability to script and make changes to this fronted, and the detailed way you make make fully custome layouts however I am running into a small issue on the windows platform I am unable to import any artwork into the FE

Steps used Thus Far

Took my hyperspin pc game list then used attract mode command line to convert it
the 30ish games on the list do show and are selectable
then copy'd my wheel artwork folder over to the main folder of Attactmode Did the same with video files
Giving me a folder structure like this

C:/attract/PCGAMES/Video
C:/attract/PCGAMES/Wheel

iv then taken the path inside attract mode and used a few different combonations but nothing seems to work
IE
video path inside fe = ./PCGAMES/Video , C:/attract/PCGAMES/Video , ./../PCGAMES/Video
the same with Wheels
using the default built in themes, none of this results in any artwork being shown nor video

The artwork is in png formatt and the video is in mp4. So i know i must be doing something silly wrong here but any help would be greatful

Trying to get the fe to work in a default state before i work on my own menu

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: issue displaying artwork/Video
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 10:51:27 PM »
Hi, do you have a "pcgames" emulator configured?  Could you post the cfg file for it (it would be in the emulators directory)?

Also, try running Attract-Mode from the command prompt window, it will print some messages that might help figure out what is going on...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 11:06:59 PM by raygun »

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 11:05:22 PM »
sure thing
I changed folder names and have been trying many different paths But this what iv got currently

its setup for use with the hyperlaunch to handle some of the tricky games and they do launch and quit all just fine, however none of the artwork assets as mentioned seem to load
E:\AM Frontend\PC GAMES\Video
E:\AM Frontend\PC GAMES\Wheel
Are the current locations of the mp4s and pngs

# Generated by Attract-Mode 1.5.2
#
executable           cmd
args                 E:\Frontend\hyperlaunch\hyperlaunch.exe "PC GAMES""[romfilename]"
rompath              $HOME/PC GAMES/roms/
romext               .zip,exe
system               PC;windows;arcade
artwork    Video           $HOME/PC GAMES/videos;$HOME/PC GAMES/snap;E:\AM Frontend\PC GAMES\Video;.\PC GAMES\Video;.././pc games/video;E:\AM Frontend\PC GAMES\Video\;.\PC GAMES\Video\;.././pc games/video/

artwork    flyer           $HOME/PC GAMES/boxart

artwork    marquee        $HOME/PC GAMES/WHEEL;$HOME/PC GAMES/snap;E:\AM Frontend\PC GAMES\WHEEL;.\PC GAMES\Video;.././pc games/WHEEL;E:\AM Frontend\PC GAMES\Video\;.\PC GAMES\WHEEL\;.././pc games/WHEEL/

artwork    snap             $HOME/PC GAMES/videos;$HOME/PC GAMES/snap;E:\AM Frontend\PC GAMES\Video;.\PC GAMES\Video;.././pc games/video;E:\AM Frontend\PC GAMES\Video\;.\PC GAMES\Video\;.././pc games/video/

artwork    wheel           $HOME/PC GAMES/WHEEL;$HOME/PC GAMES/snap;E:\M Frontend\PC GAMES\WHEEL;.\PC GAMES\Video;.././pc games/WHEEL;E:\AM Frontend\PC GAMES\Video\;.\PC GAMES\WHEEL\;.././pc games/WHEEL/

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 11:07:11 PM »
more or less attempted to give it every single way I know how to express a path

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 12:46:06 PM »
I have still zero luck, running it form command windows gives me zero new information i am on widnows 8.1

Iv noticed that people on youtube in windows seem to have a folder called ffmpeg and i do not.

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 01:39:24 PM »
FFmpeg won't be your issue, everything that AttractMode needs from FFmpeg is included in the attract executable on windows.

The only other thing I can think of is that you try opening your PC GAMES.txt file (in the romlists directory) with a text editor.  At the start of each line (before the first semicolon) is the name that Attract-Mode uses to try to match the game to your artwork files.  So for example if you have "Pac Man;..." as one of the lines, it will be matching "Pac Man.png", "Pac Man.mp4" etc. for the artwork.

You could double check that the names here line up with the names of the artwork files you have...

Something that might be happening is if you have "Pac Man.zip;..." there in the romlist Attract-Mode will be looking for artworks named "Pac Man.zip.png", "Pac Man.zip.mp4" etc... I'm not sure if this is something that can happen when you import a list from hyperspin, I haven't had much feedback on hyperspin importing, it is possible it is broken...

Hope that helps

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 02:25:59 PM »
All of the artwork wheels and videos are comming form hyper spin where naming is key or it wont show

1st line of romlist

Arcana Heart 2;Arcana Heart 2;Games;;2009;Examu;Fighter;;;;;;;;;

Location of Video
E:\AM Frontend\PC GAMES\Videos
File to match Video
Arcana Heart 2.mp4

Location Of Wheels
E:\AM Frontend\PC GAMES\Wheel
File to match Wheel
Arcana Heart 2.png

Current cfg for PC GAMES
artwork    flyer           $HOME/steam/boxart
artwork    marquee        e:/Am frontend\PC GAMES\wheel
artwork    snap            e:/Am frontend\PC GAMES\Videos
artwork    wheel           e:/Am frontend\PC GAMES\wheel
artwork    Video           e:/Am frontend\PC GAMES\Videos

inside the command window it gives zero information such sa cant find or display file ect
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:29:19 PM by atrfate »

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 02:35:48 PM »
OK I GOT IT JESUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
So in the romlist it stats the system for whatever reason the hyperspin list changed the game form pc to games
so i just changed the emulator entry to games and it worked, very strange that the list emulator has to match the in menu emulator