Author Topic: Floob's retropie image: build-romlist generates file where title=filename  (Read 7842 times)

FarrisGoldstein

• View Profile
I've used the latest version of the image, on a Pi2. The only thing I've added or changed is to expand the filesystem and copy a small subset of the 0.143 romset to ~/RetroPie/roms/mame-libretro/. I have verified that the files (all zips) are all named properly. When I build the romlist, either via the gui or the command line, the list that is generated looks like this:

Code: [Select]
airbustr;airbustr;MAME (Libretro);;;;;;;;;;;;;;
airduel;airduel;MAME (Libretro);;;;;;;;;;;;;;
airwolf;airwolf;MAME (Libretro);;1987;Kyugo of America, Inc;Shooter;1;;;;;;;;;
ajax;ajax;MAME (Libretro);;;;;;;;;;;;;;
alexkidd;alexkidd;MAME (Libretro);;;;;;;;;;;;;;
aliens;aliens;MAME (Libretro);;1990;Konami;Action;2;;;;;;;;;
aliensyn;aliensyn;MAME (Libretro);;;;;;;;;;;;;;
alleymas;alleymas;MAME (Libretro);;;;;;;;;;;;;;
alpine;alpine;MAME (Libretro);;;;;;;;;;;;;;
altbeast;altbeast;MAME (Libretro);;;;;;;;;;;;;;

So the titles are all identical to the rom/file name, and only a handful of them have years/manufacturer/category. Any idea what's going on?

If I understand correctly, by default the build-romlist job should be matching the names of the roms against the mame executable's own output of the compatible roms' metadata, but with the runcommand.sh abstraction and such, I'm having a little trouble tracing the path of how that all works.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You didn't create a mame.xml and define it in your mame.cfg emulator file.

FarrisGoldstein

• View Profile
Can you elaborate? The only mame.cfg I see on my system is in /usr/local/share/attract/emulators, and neither file is referenced in the Readme for AM. I was under the impression that the Generate Rom List command would dynamically create the list by issuing a "mame --listxml".

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
First, I don't think you want to use /usr/local/share/attract/emulators. You should use /home/pi/.attract/emulators.

Second, you need to create (it will not be created for you) the .xml file with the "mame -listxml" command and then point to it in the mame.cfg.

example
Code: [Select]
system               Arcade
info_source          listxml
import_extras        .\extras\mame.xml;.\extras\catver.ini;.\extras\nplayers.ini

I'll also mention that the 0.143 rom set isn't correct for any of the RetroPie emulators from what I recall.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 07:26:58 PM by progets »

gomisensei

• View Profile
to manually use the mame.xml for your game names, you need to leave the info_source blank, and enter the location of the mame.xml that you generated in import_extras. I just trial and errored it.