Author Topic: needing some serious help!  (Read 2498 times)

toothlessgrinn

• View Profile
needing some serious help!
« on: January 19, 2018, 07:57:52 PM »
i dont know WTF but i cant seem to get any kind of distro to work but windows. i dont want windows i m trying to make a cabinet that is just for games and i dont know wtf im doing wrong... ive tried every one i could find . most are either very old abandoned or just garbage. groovyarcade was updated last year and comes with AM built in and thats what im wanting but it keeps giving me errors about my drive not available. something about allready partitioned... WTMF!?!? im no dummy but evidently except for this stuff.... can some one PLEASE help me out????? ive been dealing with the program side of this for over 2 weeks and im ready to smash this cab into pieces!!!

the cab is a custom build by me ... asus mb i3 8g ram (if this even matters)

groovyarcade is the last update may of 2017 x86_64

it does work just in live mode . it wont let me install to hdd. i get stuck at the partitioning part...

THANK YOU very much in advance to who ever can help me keep at least half of my hair!!!
we came , we saw , we lost LOTS of quarters...

Win 7
Asus mobo amd 64bit 3core
12g ram
4 player. Custom built woody cab
46" plasma screen with 22" marquee

akafox

• View Profile
Re: needing some serious help!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 08:37:11 PM »
Well all I can suggest is put linux on the machine. If you are trying to install groovy arcade then it is linux. Arch I believe.

If you are willing to wipe the drive and install just a linux desktop and then attract mode go for it.

Use Lbuntu. But you will have to compile attract mode yourself..I think..the repo maybe updated..and if it is... easy..

However if your hard drive is not available to groovy arcade then you may have the same problem with linux. Try another distro..

is windows all you can install on the machine?
People want life easy..then complain about it

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 08:48:52 PM »
IF your having issues with your disk, try wiping it out fresh using gparted live.

https://gparted.org/index.php

toothlessgrinn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 08:20:25 AM »
Akafox , that's what I was thinking. I've seen a lot of people say lbuntu for cabs and it carries a lot of success. I'm just not sure about the compiling part... Lol . But I guess it's time to learn..

Keilmillerjr  I didn't even think of that... Good reminder..

Thanks guys. Really appreciate it!!
we came , we saw , we lost LOTS of quarters...

Win 7
Asus mobo amd 64bit 3core
12g ram
4 player. Custom built woody cab
46" plasma screen with 22" marquee