Author Topic: Raspberry Pi F.A.Q.  (Read 67984 times)

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Raspberry Pi F.A.Q.
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 11:36:20 AM »
Yes i tried with different adaptators (2.4a, 3a, short cable with good copper quality...), the next time i'll try with the j4 flag.
The command is "make -j4" (with a space between)?
I've had some problems with my personal ES themes and some updates since the last retropie 4.3.8, however eveything was ok with the 4.3.6. Maybe it come from here...
Thanks for your reply.

Yes...

SFML install
Code: [Select]
sudo make -j4 install
FFMPEG install
make -j4
AM install
make -j4 USE_GLES=1
These aren't going to change anything except the amount of time it take to compile. It will allow you to try a fresh build more quickly.

It's important to note that the SFML compile commands have changed recently to support the latest Pi firmware. If you're using the older firmware you need to adjust the SFML command accordingly.
cmake .. -DSFML_RPI=1 -DEGL_INCLUDE_DIR=/opt/vc/include -DEGL_LIBRARY=/opt/vc/lib/libEGL.so -DGLES_INCLUDE_DIR=/opt/vc/include -DGLES_LIBRARY=/opt/vc/lib/libGLESv1_CM.so

bobble

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 03:46:58 PM »
Hi, effectively the j4 flag is a lot faster! So i tried with the new and the old SFML cmake commands, it's working when i go to attract just after the install but after a reboot, i've some errors like "no file or directory" about libsfml-graphics.so.2.4 and libsfml-windows.so.2.4 files.
But the files are in the /usr/local/lib directory. However there were no errors during the install. My firmware is :
Linux retropie 4.4.13-v7+ #894 SMP Mon Jun 13 13:13:27 BST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

kDycu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2018, 04:16:43 AM »
Everything you describe seems to be correct. Are you using a good 2+ amp power adapter? I have seen ffmpeg fail when compiling for no apparent reason. Since it's a new build I would try it again, it might have been a fluke. I'll also mention you can use a "-j4" flag after the "make" commands when you're compiling. This will use all 4 cores of the Pi3 and speed things along.

May I kindly suggest you mention this flag in the first post? Would have been nice to know about before waiting through the hour+ compile!  ;D

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2018, 12:33:28 PM »
Everything you describe seems to be correct. Are you using a good 2+ amp power adapter? I have seen ffmpeg fail when compiling for no apparent reason. Since it's a new build I would try it again, it might have been a fluke. I'll also mention you can use a "-j4" flag after the "make" commands when you're compiling. This will use all 4 cores of the Pi3 and speed things along.

May I kindly suggest you mention this flag in the first post? Would have been nice to know about before waiting through the hour+ compile!  ;D

The -j4 switch isn't mentioned in the first post because it won't work on older versions of the Pi. I only mentioned it when the person posting said he was using a Pi3. The -j4 switch is also less reliable if overclocking is set too high on the Pi.

MV19

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2020, 11:05:15 AM »
Is AM officially coming to the Pi 4 at all? Not trying to pressure anyone to get it done, just wondered if that was on the road map for the application.

Cheers.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2020, 11:18:30 PM »
Is AM officially coming to the Pi 4 at all? Not trying to pressure anyone to get it done, just wondered if that was on the road map for the application.

Cheers.

AM can already run on a Pi4 and there are steps to do so in the wiki. The issue is that the Pi4 currently requires X windows (the old way to run AM on the Pi four years ago) which is less than ideal but works. This issue was over come years ago by creating a special module called sfml-pi.

To run AM on a Pi4 in an ideal manner (without x windows) the special sfml-pi module would need to be updated. This module is a separate project and not part of AM even though it's by the same author. If you want to know about this special sfml-pi module you should ask there (where others have inquired) https://github.com/mickelson/sfml-pi.

MV19

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2020, 03:43:08 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I'll keep an eye on the other project to see if there's any movement. Cheers.