Author Topic: robospin marquee  (Read 20024 times)

Omamez

• View Profile
robospin marquee
« on: April 25, 2016, 03:30:53 PM »
how big does the marquee need to be for the robospin theme

IO think I will just make some basic marquee to display the consoles there so i know which one i have selected.

unless anyone has some to share :-)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 04:06:49 AM by Omamez »

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: robospin marquee
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 04:38:34 PM »
A good size is probably 400x123 but the code will scale it regardless. Verion made these really cool LED effect marquees. Try these...

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 04:59:34 PM »

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 08:01:29 PM »
cannot get them going on robospin new  on basic they work looked at marquee setting and its turned on not sure if its a bug?

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 08:41:12 PM »
cannot get them going on robospin new  on basic they work looked at marquee setting and its turned on not sure if its a bug?

Mast be something on your end, they work fine on the new beta for me. Is our Artwork Path correct in your emulator config?

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 09:36:37 PM »
Omamez-

Regular marquees or the console marquees by verion? If it's the console marquees then I know what the problem is. I just forgot to mention it to you, so that's on me.

Anyway, as it is right now, if you go into layout options and turn off enable marquee then the code looks for a custom user.jpg. I did it this way because some users might want to use their own custom marquee. Like Omamez arcade, for example.

I usually add a generic user.jpg in the folder but this time I didn't add one. So, when you turn off enable marquee it's empty - oversight on my part.

That said, as a temporary solution you can use a custom made image or use one of verions and rename it to user.jpg. Then just drop it in the robospin folder. Then when you turn off marquee the custom user image will be loaded

Here's the thing though, I already have emulator system logos as side art but I could change the code to use console marquees like verion's instead of a custom user image when users don't want to use original marquees.

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 01:11:41 AM »
as always its school day every day and thank you  ;D but id I did that then this would take place for all emulators right?

I have say 20 systems can i have 20 different marquee's for each system?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 01:46:06 AM by Omamez »

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 03:30:52 AM »
solved naming issue

Omamez

• View Profile
robospin marquee
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 03:58:11 AM »
not solved tried to do nes won't take place the atari lynx did on fresh install so not sure if they need to named certain way
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 04:07:49 AM by Omamez »

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 07:34:38 AM »
I'll update the code today to work like the emulator system logos. Then you just need to make sure your console logo names match your emulator names.

So, now when you turn off game marquees, console logos will be used in place of them. Sound good?

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 02:08:45 PM »
Here is the updated version of robospin with console marquees created by verion. Now, when you don't want to use game marquees and turn them off under layout options the console marquees will be used.

https://app.box.com/files/0/f/0/1/f_61440666697

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 04:41:04 PM »
omegaman - thank you for your time and updated coding mods

na1337

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2016, 02:26:13 PM »
Hi omegaman,

may I revive this thread, I have the same problem like omamez. When I turn on game marquees, the individual game marquees are shown according to the path I put in.
However I can't get it to work so it shows just the system. So if I choose Atari 2600 I want an Atari marquee (regardless of what Atari 2600 game I have selected), if I go into SNES I want the SNES marquee (again regardless of what game is selected). Where do the files have to be? And what naming standard do they have to be?

Thanks very much!

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2016, 07:56:53 PM »
Hi omegaman,

may I revive this thread, I have the same problem like omamez. When I turn on game marquees, the individual game marquees are shown according to the path I put in.
However I can't get it to work so it shows just the system. So if I choose Atari 2600 I want an Atari marquee (regardless of what Atari 2600 game I have selected), if I go into SNES I want the SNES marquee (again regardless of what game is selected). Where do the files have to be? And what naming standard do they have to be?

Thanks very much!
The names of your "emulators" in Attract-Mode need to match the file names in ./attract/layouts/robospin/clogos/. You also need to go to Configure-->Displays--><choose emulator>-->Layout Options-->Enable Game Marquees and set it to "No".

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2016, 02:03:29 PM »
progets-

Thanks for covering for me. :p  I enjoyed my vacation.