Author Topic: Xtras theme based on Gilou emulator skins  (Read 13783 times)

rsn8887

• View Profile
Xtras theme based on Gilou emulator skins
« on: December 12, 2015, 03:01:33 PM »
I am attaching here always the latest version of my "xtras" theme based on Gilou9999's skins for Madmab edition emulators on Xbox Classic.

It now supports system banners. If you name your system for each emulator according to the "thegamesdb" convention, then the layout will display the corresponding banner automatically in the top right corner.

The files in the "banners" folder shows all the system names. To add banners, simply put your banners in the use "systemname_banner1.png" as filename.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 03:05:19 PM by rsn8887 »

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
Re: Xtras theme based on Gilou emulator skins
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 06:26:58 PM »
im sorry but im new to this and i cant find out how to get it to show the "system.png"

could you break it down further please..thank you.
help a friend....

rsn8887

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 07:10:23 PM »
The layout uses the system name stored with the emulator settings in Attract Mode. In order to show the banner that changes depending on the system, go to the emulator settings in Attract Mode and type in a system name. The layout uses the same system names that are used on the thegamesdb.net. Look in the banners subfolder of my layout if you are unsure about the system names to use.

For example, the system name for your Super Nintendo emulator should be called "Super Nintendo (SNES)." So go to your snes emulator in Attract Mode, and set the system string there to that exact string.

Note:
You can add your own banners by putting png files in the "banners" subfolder named [system]_banner1.png where [system] is the system name you configure in the emulator settings in Attract Mode. The banners look best if the aspect ratio is the same as 400*63 pixels and if there's a transparent color to allow blending with the background. I used paint.net and pictures of the consoles from Wikipedia to make some additional banners included with the layout.

Note: this feature makes use of the [System] magic token introduced in Attract Mode 1.6.2 so it will not work with older versions.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 10:09:28 PM by rsn8887 »

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 07:56:46 AM »
ahh that was it i needed,,,    to update to the latest AM!  thank you..
help a friend....