Author Topic: Help with wheel art in nevato theme.  (Read 3182 times)

Andyp1981

• View Profile
Help with wheel art in nevato theme.
« on: May 17, 2019, 03:18:00 PM »
Hi new attract mode user here,  can someone help me regarding adding wheel art to nevato theme?
I have downloaded a wheel pack for  Sega genesis off the hyperspin website, the files are in swf format.
My roms will need to be renamed to match the files, I have renamed a few roms to see if I can get the wheel art to work but I just have the question mark icons, I have put the files in the menu-art  wheel folder with correct path in the displays menu.

Are the hyperspin swf files compatible?
When searching on Google i see reference to hyperspin wheel art for attract mode
I cannot use the built in scraper as its not working at the moment so I'm trying the manual route just to get something looking good.
Apologies if it's an obvious fix or been asked before
I tried the search but couldn't find anything.
Many thanks

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Help with wheel art in nevato theme.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 10:39:48 PM »
Hi new attract mode user here,  can someone help me regarding adding wheel art to nevato theme?
I have downloaded a wheel pack for  Sega genesis off the hyperspin website, the files are in swf format.
My roms will need to be renamed to match the files, I have renamed a few roms to see if I can get the wheel art to work but I just have the question mark icons, I have put the files in the menu-art  wheel folder with correct path in the displays menu.

Are the hyperspin swf files compatible?
When searching on Google i see reference to hyperspin wheel art for attract mode
I cannot use the built in scraper as its not working at the moment so I'm trying the manual route just to get something looking good.
Apologies if it's an obvious fix or been asked before
I tried the search but couldn't find anything.
Many thanks

.swf files are ShockWave files and they are used in Hyperspin for themes/layouts. These are not the files you want for wheel images, you want .png files. These HS themes can be used in AM (with limited success with the hyperspin.nut) when configured properly but they aren't the files you want for wheels in Attract-Mode.

Only artwork for the "Displays Menu" are typically stored in the "menu-art" subfolders. Artwork for the games of a system can be stored anywhere are are defined in the /attract/emulators/<system_name>.cfg file which you can manually modify or configure through the GUI using Configure-->Emulators--><system_name>--><artwork_type>=<path_to_artwork>.

sample of a emulator.cfg (path can be based on the root of the volume (like below), full paths or relative paths)
Code: [Select]
# Generated by Attract-Mode v2.5.1
#
executable           \Emulators\RetroArch\retroarch.exe
args                 -f -L cores\picodrive_libretro.dll "[romfilename]"
rompath              \Roms\Sega Genesis
romext               .gen
system               Sega Genesis
info_source          thegamesdb.net
artwork    boxart          \EmuMovies\Sega_Genesis\Box_3D;\EmuMovies\Sega_Genesis\Box
artwork    boxbackart      \EmuMovies\Sega_Genesis\BoxBack
artwork    cartart         \EmuMovies\Sega_Genesis\Cart
artwork    fanart          \EmuMovies\Sega_Genesis\Background
artwork    marquee         \EmuMovies\Sega_Genesis\Banner
artwork    snap            \EmuMovies\Sega_Genesis\Video_MP4_HI_QUAL;\EmuMovies\Sega_Genesis\Snap
artwork    title           \EmuMovies\Sega_Genesis\Title
artwork    wheel           \EmuMovies\Sega_Genesis\Logos

You can get the correct wheel images from the HS website here https://hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/10833-default-sega-genesis-game-wheel-pack/. I think you need to be logged in (just with a free account) to download them.

There are many free tools to rename your images (and/or roms) here are a few (again you'll need to be logged in with at least a free account) https://hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/5603-tur-matcher/ and https://hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/7401-fat-match-media-renamer/.

https://emumovies.com is a great place to get all the artwork. A free account there can download 100 files/500 MB per day (paid accounts can download more).
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 10:59:01 PM by progets »

Andyp1981

• View Profile
Re: Help with wheel art in nevato theme.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 12:41:05 AM »
Thanks for the info regarding the swf files I had a sneaky suspicion they might not be compatible, I am now signed up to the sites you mentioned I will be having a look a the links you provided.
I had tried putting the wheel files in with the roms and setting the paths in the emulator menu but obviously had no luck.

Hopefully the built in scraper is fixed in the near future.

Many thanks for your help.