Author Topic: TurboGrafx-16 mini layout update v2.1!!!  (Read 20303 times)

gamesmame

• View Profile
Re: TurboGrafx-16 mini layout update v2.1!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2021, 12:54:56 PM »
Please can someone help me... I want to know why the mini-pics don't match the higher-quality pics, the file names (mini and HD pics) are the same, and the mini pic matches the game name, but the big pic doesn't, but the name of the .PNG is correct and its the same, but each time the bigger photos appear in screen give a random cover not corresponding with the name of the game or the mini-photo. Where i make error?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 01:02:00 PM by gamesmame »

sickle

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2021, 12:28:10 PM »
I actually coded this layout almost 2 years ago, and haven't worked on it sense, but looking back at my original post, it looks like I included a program that automatically resizes your pics for use with the mini carousel. It might just be that program is messed up, or it was used incorrectly.

My best guess is that it is a file extension error, maybe the code only looks for .jpg and the files are .png or vice versa

Honestly, if I were you, id learn how attract mode uses these images by looking through the code (just open it in notepad++) I remember trying to make my code very readable for the average person, in case they wanted to learn the way I did,( by backwards engineering another layout) so the code is broken up in to many different chunks that are labeled pretty thoroughly. I worked with about 3 other people on some of the graphical effects, and borrowed code from many other layouts, and all are credited within the code so you can look them up in this forum.

Good luck on getting it working!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 12:31:01 PM by sickle »

igaolima

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2021, 07:12:04 PM »
Please someone help me. I'm setting up displays for different consoles (Super nintendo, megadrive, etc). For each console I would like to choose a different layout. However, when I change the layout of one in the menu, I change all the others. Would there be a way to save a different layout (pcengine, turbografx,...) for each display? Thanks!!

Goemon

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2022, 12:08:07 PM »
I am new to attract mode and found this very nice TurboGrafx-16 mini layout.
I have a fresh install of attract mode on ubuntu.
The layout works so far but my problem is that the system swap does not work.
I made 3 displays. TG16, PCE, Core, have setup the emulators and romlists.
The rom lists seem to change but the ui gfx and music always stays the same.
Inside of the layout settings I can also switch the themes and there it works.
Any help here? :)