Author Topic: Using Screen Blanking for additional funtionality  (Read 2501 times)

scorn001

• View Profile
Using Screen Blanking for additional funtionality
« on: April 12, 2021, 05:15:43 PM »
Looking for some ideas on how I can start a 2nd screensaver for extended period on inactivity.

I love the normal screensavers for Attract Mode and I utilize AudioMode to have some music playing in the background while no one is actively playing games.  I intend to to use this setup for parties that we have from time to time, using a projector as a screen blown up on a screen on the side of my shop.  I was thinking it would also be cool if after an extended period of time of inactivity, say 30 or 45 minutes (using the Blank Screen options), I could run a script, or even some compiled code, that would disable AudioMode and being playing random music video files (mp4, avi, etc) that I would have stored.  The Blank Screen Stop command would kill off whatever had been started to play the music videos, and re-enable the AudioMode plugin.

I've looked into dynamically disabling plugins and trying to utilize modules, but I'm just not getting a clear idea of how I can accomplish this.  Ideas anymore?

Thank you.

hermine.potter

• View Profile
Re: Using Screen Blanking for additional funtionality
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 05:39:19 AM »
Please see the programs of NirSoft:

SoundVolumeView
MultiMonitorTool

With SoundVolumeView you can Mute and Unmute an software.
With MultiMonitorTool you can WinMove an software to specific Display (not necessary if your software already plays on second screen)

Create two batch-files :

ENABLE.bat
Code: [Select]
@echo off
start "" /MIN "C:\attract\EXTERNAL\MUTE\SoundVolumeView.exe" /Mute "attract.exe"
start "" "your_video_playing_software.exe"
Exit

DISABLE.bat
Code: [Select]
@echo off
start "" /MIN "C:\attract\EXTERNAL\MUTE\SoundVolumeView.exe" /Unmute "attract.exe"
taskkill /F /IM "your_video_playing_software.exe"
Exit
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM