Author Topic: Multi-emulator setting?  (Read 2587 times)

placebo_yue

• sup
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Multi-emulator setting?
« on: June 22, 2021, 08:42:05 AM »
I was wondering if it's possible to swap between emulators (say, bsnes and snes9x) from inside a theme.

Is this even possible? i believe the emulator settings have nothing to do with themes, therefore shouldn't be possible. But maybe there's another way? can anyone point me in the right direction?

i'd love to have more than one option to play games, since each emulator has it's quirks. I've already set up the saves to be shared between emulators, so that part is done.
But i really don't wanna create another "emulator" inside AM just to have the alternative, i'd like for it to be easily interchangeable within a layout setting or something equally easy

dmmarti

• View Profile
Re: Multi-emulator setting?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 10:04:54 AM »
I don't think that functionality is available within a theme.

However, you can assign a control button to access the game info screen in AM while sitting on a game selection in a display.

TAB > CONTROLS > EDIT GAME

Once you assign a button to bring up the game info screen within AM, one of the things available to change is the emulator used.

You'll need to create AM emulator config files for each of the emulators...but this way you'd be able to quickly change them on the fly before launching that game.

There may be a way to access that functionality within AM using a plugin - but I don't recall ever seeing a plugin for that.

hermine.potter

• View Profile
Re: Multi-emulator setting?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 07:50:39 AM »
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM