Author Topic: Remove Clones - Help! I'm baffled!  (Read 4657 times)

Stickman

• View Profile
Remove Clones - Help! I'm baffled!
« on: July 19, 2016, 05:15:06 AM »
Hey all,

I feel like a real moron but I can't get AM to filter out clones.  I've tried to set the CloneOf does not contain .* using the menu but no matter what I do it still shows the clones.  It's almost like it isn't seeing the XML list.  I'm trying to set it in the Global filter.

Do I need to add some path or something?  I'm probably overlooking something real basic but it's driving me crazy.

Thanks for the help!

Shawn

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Remove Clones - Help! I'm baffled!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 10:14:43 AM »
I assume you are talking about MAME. The "CloneOf does not contain .*" is the correct syntax.

Have you generated the XML file from MAME? If so, have you filled in the correct information in mame.cfg emulator file? Make sure you have these two entries in there before you generate the romlist.
Code: [Select]
info_source          listxml
import_extras        <path to your mame.xml file>

If this doesn't help, post the contents of your mame.cfg emulator file and also the first 10 lines of your mame.txt romlist.

Stickman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 05:23:04 AM »
progets,

Thanks for the help.  Verifying the syntax allowed me to really analyze what was going on.  Once the No Clones filter was applied, AM started showing odd titles like "Zorro6a" and things like that.  They are roms that are in my roms folder but they are from a later version of the MAME set.  (I'm running GroovyMame which is based on 0.171, the roms are 0.175.)

So I checked the listxml in the AM folder and all those roms with no official titles just showed up with no data such as year, manufacturer, etc.  I think now I just need to either manually edit the xml file removing them from the list or add additional filters to remove them.

Once I scrolled past all the oddball names, I found that the clones had indeed been removed! 

I appreciate your help!  Making progress!

Shawn

piggei

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 05:35:13 PM »
If it can help you, the site http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/ can export gamelists in AM format..
I asked to add this format and it works...