Author Topic: Audiomode Plugin Stops if i leaving a game.  (Read 3498 times)

GrizzlyTnT

• View Profile
Audiomode Plugin Stops if i leaving a game.
« on: February 19, 2020, 05:26:00 PM »
Hey.

I got a little problem on Windows 7 64Bit. I use Attractmode with Rocketlauncher together. My main Emulator is Retroarch, but i use a few others also. It dosnt matter what Emulator i pick, or if i use Rocketlauncher or not, if i come back after i play a game the music stops playing. Sometimes it works from Time to Time, but like every thrid or fourth time it stucks. On start everything is working fine and if i skip the next track it works also. Could someone help me to make it working, maybe with a simple Script for the .nut file, so that it skipped the next track than? Maybe should the maker of this plugin look over it, for a simple and fast bugfixing.

I am on the end of my ideas now. Testet everything. I hope you can help.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 09:01:55 PM by GrizzlyTnT »

GrizzlyTnT

• View Profile
Re: Audiomode Plugin Stops if i leaving a game.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 09:15:55 PM »
If ou need more informations, let me know. Noone any idea how to fix ist? The Ambient Music was the only reason, why i switch AM over all others.

GrizzlyTnT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 02:20:58 PM »
That forum dont work :/

hermine.potter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 11:13:16 PM »
patience and humility!
people spend their time for free.

-test another emulator starting your games.
that is always the fastest and simplest way to check that AM is really the problem.

-do you use correct sound settings, depending on event/action in AM (ambient soundtrack, startup sound, game return sound an so on...)?

//EDIT:
another note:
you can upgrade your windows 7 to windows 10 for free (Windows 7 supports ends at 14.01.2020).
use windows 10 update assistent tool / upgrade advisor / MediaCreationTool1909.exe
maybe your problem is an OS problem..

« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 01:15:25 AM by hermine.potter »
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM

GrizzlyTnT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 09:52:47 PM »
Sound Settings: There are no sound settings. You can activate it, you can deactivate it. Yu can set a button to the Next track and grab infos for the track. Wierd is, if i skipping to the next track (after the default picked one loop like crazy) all works with normal again. So i guess i need one simple script that skip the preselected track to the next one.

Test others Emulators: Its onehundert percent a problem of Attract mode or atleast from this Audio Mode plugin. I tryed Dolphin (ofcurse i got my own wii here and rip th game legaly) I tryed epcsx (ript legaly the E-Tekken 3 cd) and i tryed BeetleHW from Retroarch... no change. If i quit the game and land on the Attract mode frontend the Music Loops. This Music sits here in One folder and 128KBit/s as MP3.

Upgrate to 10: Even if every Hair on my Arm went upways cause i hate Microsoft for Bugfixing my Windows 7 to dead, i upgradet to windows 10 now. I hate it with every breath of my Life. No Aero Glass )=. But i switched just to found out that in the last years my I3 530 FINALY get supported. I will stay Windows 10 now, its realy faster now than my 7 Before. But the main problem with AM still appears.

It dont happend each time. Its like random. Sometimes up to 5 times in a row, than sometimes never. I am still up to a "autoskip next track bugfix" or something.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 09:56:22 PM by GrizzlyTnT »

hermine.potter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 07:23:31 PM »
@ GrizzlyTnT
-sound settings in AM:
start AM > press TAB key > Sound
there are no files set/list is empty. correct?

-start attract-console.exe > if your problem occurs, check commandline window whats the problem/error message.
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM

GrizzlyTnT

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 08:38:22 AM »
( I got it in German and gues the english words)

First: Sound Volume is set to 100
Second: Ambient Volume is on 100 either
Third: Movie Volume is set to Zero.

All others art blank. What should i edit, to make this Music work if i come back after i play a game?

Malmanian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2020, 01:26:43 PM »
Greetings GrizzlyTnT!

I had the same issue and here is the workaround for me:

Edit plugins/AudioMode.nut in notepad:

Near the bottom, in row 214 exclude/disable change_track( 1 ); (with //) as shown below:

Code: [Select]
if ( ttype == Transition.FromGame )
  //change_track( 1 );

Best regards, Cheers.

/Edit: Note that you'll have to re-do this when updating your AttractMode to newer versions/daily builds etc. since that also overwrites the AudioMode.nut file

( I got it in German and gues the english words)

First: Sound Volume is set to 100
Second: Ambient Volume is on 100 either
Third: Movie Volume is set to Zero.

All others art blank. What should i edit, to make this Music work if i come back after i play a game?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 01:58:03 PM by Malmanian »

GrizzlyTnT

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2020, 11:35:37 PM »
Had change it as sayed and will look about it in the future. Will tell you, if this solve my problem. If it work than you are a kind of lifesaver for me, Malmanian. I will let you know if this fix it soon.

GrizzlyTnT

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2020, 05:58:02 PM »
Have test it for one and a half month now and i only can thank my savior. Good job! If i can push your account with thumbs up or something, so let me know.