Author Topic: [download] NEVATO theme  (Read 287129 times)

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
Re: [download] NEVATO theme
« Reply #195 on: August 26, 2016, 02:12:45 AM »
I'm glad that you like it. That's the beauty of AM that you can tailor every theme to be exactly like you want it to be.

Spinelli

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 26, 2016, 08:03:28 AM »
I will make a pack with my fanarts to be used with Nevato (still working on it), then I post here on the forum for those interested.

ryuuji

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 28, 2016, 12:19:00 PM »
I'm glad that you like it. That's the beauty of AM that you can tailor every theme to be exactly like you want it to be.

the reverse is that it is hard to code :P

incy2k

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 31, 2016, 03:24:20 AM »

I will make a pack with my fanarts to be used with Nevato (still working on it), then I post here on the forum for those interested.
Would it be possible to use the arcade room bg with generic poster and load the flyer for that game in the poster location? by altering the layout.nut?

Spinelli

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 01, 2016, 07:49:37 AM »
Would it be possible to use the arcade room bg with generic poster and load the flyer for that game in the poster location? by altering the layout.nut?

Yeah, sure..

But IDN how to do the code.. I'm a code newbie! :P

Spinelli

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 02, 2016, 03:40:10 PM »
I managed to discover how the code works, and I've edited the Nevato theme to add (via theme options), my Arcade Room theme.

For those interested, just unzip the file into nevato folder, join attract mode -> select theme -> nevato -> go to screen options ->  choose "ArcadeRoom".

Now the banner is dynamic, and is located behind a mask with reflection, shadows and lighting to give more realism! :)

ps: after downloading the flyers, just do a batch files in adobe photoshop or other program, to resize to 495 W x 635 H, to fill better this theme.

I hope you enjoy! :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 03:45:50 PM by Spinelli »

mxstar1

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 07, 2016, 01:08:59 PM »
Is it possible to make this theme nested so there is a a main menu wheel where you pick the system, then it goes to the system wheel?

jeremy0203

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 07, 2016, 01:55:25 PM »
I managed to discover how the code works, and I've edited the Nevato theme to add (via theme options), my Arcade Room theme.

For those interested, just unzip the file into nevato folder, join attract mode -> select theme -> nevato -> go to screen options ->  choose "ArcadeRoom".

Now the banner is dynamic, and is located behind a mask with reflection, shadows and lighting to give more realism! :)

ps: after downloading the flyers, just do a batch files in adobe photoshop or other program, to resize to 495 W x 635 H, to fill better this theme.

I hope you enjoy! :)

Wow that makes this theme look even better, awesome work. What are some good sources for the MAME banners, posters, flyers, etc?

cyberx

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 09, 2016, 01:54:16 PM »
Completely new to the forum discussions so please forgive my potentially ignorant question but, where may I download this updated new version of this NEVATO theme.

It is awesome.

I would like to combine this with the OlRoom themes for the consoles in my setup.

cyberx

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 09, 2016, 01:55:24 PM »
Ah I think I just found the link..
My old eyes scanned right over it up there about 5 posts ago.

jretropie

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 29, 2016, 07:50:38 AM »
Hi, I am a noob.  Thanks Verion for great work!!!  How do I set this theme to change background just for each emulator?  I want to put the picture of the console on the background.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #206 on: September 29, 2016, 11:49:45 PM »
Hmmm... you can't do that currently - without changing the code. But it's a very good idea to implement.
I'm planning to add game list as an alternative to wheel graphics in next version - so I can add that feature also.

...just have to find some time to do that (sigh)

jretropie

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 30, 2016, 06:43:29 AM »
Thanks! My friend!

Hmmm... you can't do that currently - without changing the code. But it's a very good idea to implement.
I'm planning to add game list as an alternative to wheel graphics in next version - so I can add that feature also.

jretropie

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 30, 2016, 01:04:11 PM »
Ok.  I play around the code a little bit and it seems to be a pretty easy to do.
Just change the code line for background from:

local bg = fe.add_image( "background_blue.png", 0, 0, flw, flh );

to

local bg = fe.add_image("[Emulator]" + "-background_blue.png", 0, 0, flw, flh );

and then make the background to each emulator according to the name.  It will works perfectly.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #209 on: October 01, 2016, 01:50:35 AM »
Great!
But I'm affraid that the hardest part is to make good backgrounds for emulators.