Author Topic: System info  (Read 3071 times)

joaopassarini

• View Profile
System info
« on: May 19, 2018, 05:53:01 AM »
Hi!
How can I add text for system info/specs (console gen, year, cpu...) in system menu and make it update accordingly as I navigate throughout the systems?

qqplayer

• View Profile
Re: System info
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 06:00:01 AM »
Hi!
How can I add text for system info/specs (console gen, year, cpu...) in system menu and make it update accordingly as I navigate throughout the systems?

Using the magic token "Overview" and then creating .cfg files inside  a "Consoles" folder according to your system names.
Same thing for others , I mean if you set a "Computers" gamelist for your main menu , then you need to create  a "Computers" folder inside romlist and then create a "Commodore Amiga.cfg" inside.

Always add "overview" at the begining of the text:

"Super Nintendo Entertainment System.cfg" extract from wikipedia

Code: [Select]
overview The Super Nintendo Entertainment System (officially abbreviated the Super NES[b] or SNES[c], and commonly shortened to Super Nintendo[d]) is a 16-bit home video game console developed by Nintendo that was released in 1990 in Japan and South Korea, 1991 in North America, 1992 in Europe and Australasia (Oceania), and 1993 in South America. In Japan, the system is called the Super Famicom (Japanese: スーパーファミコン Hepburn: Sūpā Famikon, officially adopting the abbreviated name of its predecessor, the Famicom), or SFC for short. In South Korea, it is known as the Super Comboy (슈퍼 컴보이 Syupeo Keomboi) and was distributed by Hyundai Electronics. Although each version is essentially the same, several forms of regional lockout prevent the different versions from being compatible with one another. It was released in Brazil on September 2, 1992, by Playtronic.

The SNES is Nintendo's second home console, following the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). The console introduced advanced graphics and sound capabilities compared with other systems at the time. The development of a variety of enhancement chips integrated in game cartridges helped to keep it competitive in the marketplace.

The SNES was a global success, becoming the best-selling console of the 16-bit era despite its relatively late start and the fierce competition it faced in North America and Europe from Sega's Genesis/Mega Drive console. The SNES remained popular well into the 32-bit era, and continues to be popular among fans, collectors, retro gamers, and emulation enthusiasts, some of whom still make homebrew ROM images.

joaopassarini

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 07:20:07 AM »
Actualy I don't have a gamelist for system menu. Is there a way to do this?
What happens is that the "Display Menu" just shows the systems whose displays are set to be shown on menu. So, how can I link an .cfg to those displays, containing the console "overview"?

qqplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 11:10:53 AM »
This should work , only tested with Commdoore 64 , you have to create all your own "case"

//info_system

::OBJECTS <- {

system_current= fe.add_text("",35,15,700,400)

}

function information_system(ttype, var, ttime)
{
    switch ( ttype )
    {
    case Transition.ToNewList:
case Transition.StartLayout:
//case Transition.ToNewSelection:
//case Transition.FromOldSelection:
    switch ( fe.list.name )
            {             
case "Commodore 64":
        local display_current = fe.displays[fe.list.display_index].name;
//OBJECTS.system_current.msg = display_current;
OBJECTS.system_current.msg = display_current + ": Also known as the C64 or the CBM 64, is an 8-bit home computer introduced in January 1982 by Commodore International .It has been listed in the Guinness World Records as the highest-selling single computer model of all time. With support for multicolor sprites and a custom chip for waveform generation, the C64 could create superior visuals and audio compared to systems without such custom hardware.";
OBJECTS.system_current.charsize = 32;
        OBJECTS.system_current.align = Align.Left;
        OBJECTS.system_current.word_wrap = true;
    break;
        }
    }

}

fe.add_transition_callback("information_system" ); 

Replace this for the text you want to show:

": Also known as the C64 or the CBM 64, is an 8-bit home computer introduced in January 1982 by Commodore International .It has been listed in the Guinness World Records as the highest-selling single computer model of all time. With support for multicolor sprites and a custom chip for waveform generation, the C64 could create superior visuals and audio compared to systems without such custom hardware."

UPDATED: Text from wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_64
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 11:25:28 AM by qqplayer »