Author Topic: Return Fire Maps o' Death and Retroarch 4DO liberetro core [solved]  (Read 2802 times)

akafox

• View Profile
Okay so asking for a paw of help here...

Return Fire is on many systems and works fine with the 4DO core in libretro :D

However the sequel Return Fire Maps O' Death is exclusive to the 3DO (Windows maybe?) that I know of. I also know that (I think) there was a small on board chip to save data to (much like the Sega CD). and from that when you stuck Return Fire: maps O' Death into your 3DO it saw that saved data from the original Return Fire and so loaded the game. If you did not own the original game you could not play the sequel.

It will work fine with the Phoenix Project Emulator just like it should..however with that emulator I have a difficult time running it from the command line and from AM. So I am wondering how Retroarch 4DO libretro core will run on a Raspberry Pi 4 or similar board..and thus of course Phoenix Project will not work on an ARM based CPU.

I have looked for literally hours for info on this and according to the 4DO website RF:MoD is "%100 Compatible" so what am I missing? How do I save that bit of info from Return Fire with 4DO core so I can play Return Fire Maps O' Death?

Any help or ideas are welcome! :D

Update: Well i got it working! But honestly I have no idea how I did it.  :o *facepaws* My point here was to try and learn how to make it work step-by step so I could give a guide here.

Solved! Okay so the best thing I can figure out that worked was to play Return Fire first that is play past the "training mission" and then play and complete one of the first missions. After that go to the options menu from the quick menu in retroarch (default key is F1 on PC or 'start+x' on retropie setup) then select NVRAM storage and make it shared then save the options config file. Quit out of Return Fire and then make a copy of the options file and rename it to EXACTLY the name of your RF:MOD file. Load Return Fire Maps O' Death and then it should load normally.

Hope that helps someone..I have seen a lot of people asking this question. Happy flag capturing! :D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 11:03:21 AM by akafox »
People want life easy..then complain about it

PSOGene

• View Profile
 :-[ if you got the problem solved can you share with the rest of us how to get it to work on the new retroarch 1.8.6 becuase its seem that 4do_lieretro.dll was changed to opera_liberetro.dll and its seem not working anymore for retro arch and attract mode, do you have any soultion to get it to work ?

akafox

• View Profile
As far as I can tell the 4DO core is still available in retroarch from the core down loader/updater.

As for the 3DO opera core the above works the same as the 4DO core. I did add one small step though so re-read it. :)
People want life easy..then complain about it