Author Topic: Error message - Unable to scrape, frontend was built without libcurl enabled  (Read 8599 times)

Lukyz

• I'm noob but I'll learn ☝️
    • View Profile
Hi guys, I'm totally new to this stuff so excuse my noob questions please.
I'm trying to build my own arcade cabinet with old AIO Windows PC. So far so good but recently I stuck with error message "Unable to scrape, frontend was built without libcurl enabled" when I'm trying to scrap artwork for games library. I searched the forums and Google but always found a solutions for linux based systems - is there anything I could do to fix on windows?

Thanks

Lukyz

• View Profile
No one please?  :-\ Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks

pcbaldwin

• View Profile
Hi, I'm an attractmode noob with the same issue. Haven't posted anything else yet but I've been watching the thread so I don't duplicate. Other than the scraping it works great. Either nobody has a clue or there's a hush hush secret.  ;D

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I haven’t used the scrap feature. I would try compiling yourself. I know there is two different methods to compile on windows. Perhaps one method doesn’t include the library? Compiling yourself is a starting point. I don’t run windows on my “pc”.

toothlessgrinn

• View Profile
i use the prebuilt with no issues
we came , we saw , we lost LOTS of quarters...

Win 7
Asus mobo amd 64bit 3core
12g ram
4 player. Custom built woody cab
46" plasma screen with 22" marquee

Lukyz

• View Profile

Can I ask which version do you use and where you get it?
Do you compile it yourself from GitHub, main website or daily build? And on which OS?

Thanks

pcbaldwin

• View Profile
The first time I downloaded and ran the scrapper, it picked up some Atari images and stopped. The next time I started getting "error getting platform list from thegamesdb.net". I then tried the daily build and received the libcurl message. When I get some time I'm going to give compiling myself a try and see what happens.

Thanks

dabone

• View Profile
Just tried a compile with curl installed, and it crashes with no error.

rand0m

• View Profile
The first time I downloaded and ran the scrapper, it picked up some Atari images and stopped. The next time I started getting "error getting platform list from thegamesdb.net". I then tried the daily build and received the libcurl message. When I get some time I'm going to give compiling myself a try and see what happens.

Thanks

gamesdb have stopped supporting the legacy API which (afaik) Atrract-Mode utilizes. The announcement is here > https://forums.thegamesdb.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=591. And some further discussion about how new API will behave with auto-scrapers is here > https://forums.thegamesdb.net/viewtopic.php?t=70.

I don't know if this has anything to do with libcurl issue (not likely) but perhaps you can use a list in "Info Source/ Scraper" to see if that works.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 12:56:13 AM by rand0m »

dabone

• View Profile
Ok, libcurl is now enabled in the windows builds, and returns the same thegamesdb error as the linux version.

Hopefully after he updates for the new API the windows build should work.

Later,
dabone

toothlessgrinn

• View Profile

Can I ask which version do you use and where you get it?
Do you compile it yourself from GitHub, main website or daily build? And on which OS?

Thanks

i get it from here.. my main 4 way cab has 2.3 and my upright 2 player has 2.5.1

lol and i aint got a clue as how to compile. but ya i get it from the download page http://attractmode.org/download.html

Win 7
12g ram

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
As rand0m pointed out, this issue is due to a change made at thegamesdb.net. Anyone trying to scrape or generate romlist using thegamesdb.net in any version of AttractMode is experiencing this issue. This is likely the case with other FEs that are using thegamesdb.net for scraping too.

Raygun is aware of this issue and has been in contact with thegamesdb.net.

@dabone - thanks for updating your daily build to include libcurl.

toothlessgrinn

• View Profile
I'm not having a problem with scraping. I just did over 400 games just like 3 days ago.

Win 7
12g ram

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I'm not having a problem with scraping. I just did over 400 games just like 3 days ago.

What happens if you try to scrape today? I have tested many different ways and none of them work. There is no question that thegamesdb.net made changes, it's documented.

toothlessgrinn

• View Profile

What happens if you try to scrape today? I have tested many different ways and none of them work. There is no question that thegamesdb.net made changes, it's documented.

worked just fine... only error i got was got a platform error but it still scraped my stuff..... but it still scraped my wheel art. i even filmed it with todays date.
so i dont understand how many people on here are having major issues and im not. the only issue i have is im using windows 7 and i dont want windows. but thats for a different thread...

Win 7
12g ram