Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548206 times)

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 8.9 [Release] Updated 25 September 2020
« Reply #1110 on: October 10, 2020, 06:28:25 PM »
Script Error in transition function: on_transition - the index 'pinball' does not exist

AN ERROR HAS OCCURED [the index 'pinball' does not exist]

If I change the theme for the pinball it still messes up when I return to the layout menu...

Is there something I could send you to help troubleshoot?

Well first you can try running attract-console.exe and see what error messages you get, this will halp me understand what's going bad.
Also, can you share your attract.cfg?

Yaron2019

« Reply #1111 on: October 10, 2020, 10:32:57 PM »
Let's start with the (hopefully) easier part: there's a new option in the didplay menu page section where you can disable fast display switching. That should fix the display change issue completely, whole I try to understand why the "smarter" workaround is not working on your setup

Yes, this solved the display navigation issue.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1112 on: October 11, 2020, 01:08:01 AM »
Script Error in transition function: on_transition - the index 'pinball' does not exist

Ok, I will look more into it later, but the first thing I notice is that the layout folder is called "af". It's better that you keep the proper name for Arcadeflow folder, that is "Arcadeflow_XX" or at least something that starts with "Arcadeflow", otherwise some features won't work properly...

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1113 on: October 11, 2020, 03:28:35 AM »
So I reinstalled v8.9 to see if the update works.
If the update settings is set to "Download Only" it downloads the theme and I get an Ok message and I can carry on.

Well at least this part works :D

But if it's set to "Download and Install" it freezes on the update screen.
Attached is my console screenshot after the freeze + the update screen it freezes on. The console shows both tries of "Download only" then "Download and Install" with the final error message when it freezes.

There's an error when creating the Arcadeflow_90 folder, as you already found out. the "freezing" might be caused by that. If you give the same command from command line, does it work?

Code: [Select]
mkdir "D:\Arcade\attract\layouts/Arcadeflow_90/"

what if you give the same command with "\" instead of "/", or without the final "/"?

It always seems I'm so close to make it work :D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1114 on: October 11, 2020, 03:30:16 AM »
Let's start with the (hopefully) easier part: there's a new option in the didplay menu page section where you can disable fast display switching. That should fix the display change issue completely, whole I try to understand why the "smarter" workaround is not working on your setup

Yes, this solved the display navigation issue.

Good, but the issue shouldn't be there at all... can I have a look at your attract.cfg file? Just to better understand what's preventing my genius workaround from working as expected LOL

Jontox

• View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: October 11, 2020, 04:04:46 AM »
This theme is really a masterpiece, keep up the great work !

The only thing I can't succeed to use is the command.dat settings available in the History settings.
The command.dat path and generation have been setup successfully, but then how am I suppose to display it within the frontend ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

N.B.: History.dat displays successfully by the way.

Thanks in advance

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1116 on: October 11, 2020, 04:09:51 AM »
The only thing I can't succeed to use is the command.dat settings available in the History settings.
The command.dat path and generation have been setup successfully, but then how am I suppose to display it within the frontend ?

You should see control graphics overlayed on the history page, like in this picture. Many games don't have "per button" information so you'll just see the controller type and number of buttons.
If you don't see this, you can send me your command.dat file and I'll take a look, since there are a couple different syntax to take care of... if you can't share the file here, my mail is paolo.zago@gmail.com

Yaron2019

« Reply #1117 on: October 11, 2020, 04:13:35 AM »
Good, but the issue shouldn't be there at all... can I have a look at your attract.cfg file? Just to better understand what's preventing my genius workaround from working as expected LOL

attached
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 05:14:13 AM by Yaron2019 »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1118 on: October 11, 2020, 04:17:19 AM »

attached

There's no display using Arcadeflow here, am I right? :O Then I think I got it: if Arcadeflow is used in one layout only, my workaround will probably not work and you have to use the option I told you before.

Yaron2019

« Reply #1119 on: October 11, 2020, 05:13:42 AM »
Oh crap, sorry I replaced AF with At-The-Arcade because I was doing some work on the themes. I apologize.
Here it is again, this time with AF 9.0. I checked it again and the display navigation behaves the same as I reported, ie - I need to disable fast navigation to get the correct result.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 05:16:56 AM by Yaron2019 »

Jontox

• View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 11, 2020, 07:43:41 AM »
Thanks zpaolo11X,

You should see control graphics overlayed on the history page, like in this picture. Many games don't have "per button" information so you'll just see the controller type and number of buttons.
If you don't see this, you can send me your command.dat file and I'll take a look, since there are a couple different syntax to take care of... if you can't share the file here, my mail is paolo.zago@gmail.com

So this is indeed working.

I think my expectations were to high, I though I would see a complete command list as in the Mame Tab menu.

Another question, is it possible to suppress or make the Arcade Flow logo moving during attract mode (screensaver).
On CRT screen this is better to avoid any screen burns.

How is attract mode (screensaver) working ? Are videosnaps displayed in random order ?
On my side, it seems videosnaps are zoom in exesssively and there no way to even guess which games it is.

Many thanks in advance for all your replies and I am really impress by all the work done on arcadeflow.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1121 on: October 11, 2020, 09:11:32 AM »
I think my expectations were to high, I though I would see a complete command list as in the Mame Tab menu.

I know, that would be great. I'll take it into account if I decide to revamp the history page, that's something I'd like to do sooner or later.

Another question, is it possible to suppress or make the Arcade Flow logo moving during attract mode (screensaver).
On CRT screen this is better to avoid any screen burns.

At the moment the only way to hide logo from the screensaver mode is to disable the logo completely from the layout options. I should add an option to disable it selectively for the screensaver! Nice idea for version 9.1

How is attract mode (screensaver) working ? Are videosnaps displayed in random order ?
On my side, it seems videosnaps are zoom in exesssively and there no way to even guess which games it is.

It plays videos from the current romlist/filter in random order. It's zoomed because each game shows only a certain number of scanlines from the middle of the screen. Sometimes this can be an issue if your videosnaps have an higher resolution than what was the original game resolution (e.g. mame snaps in full HD resolution, for console games it should be correct). Can you share a screenshot of the zoomed-in view, and some details about your video file? BTW a bit of zooming is "by design".

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 11, 2020, 05:00:14 PM »
Thanks. I did rename it to Arcadeflow_90 and changed the cfg to match. Still getting the index error.

Ok, I will look more into it later, but the first thing I notice is that the layout folder is called "af". It's better that you keep the proper name for Arcadeflow folder, that is "Arcadeflow_XX" or at least something that starts with "Arcadeflow", otherwise some features won't work properly...

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1123 on: October 11, 2020, 10:18:08 PM »
Thanks. I did rename it to Arcadeflow_90 and changed the cfg to match. Still getting the index error.

Then I need some more info, can you run
Code: [Select]
attract-console.exe > log.txt
you'll find a "log.txt" file in attract mode folder, can you share it with me? Also, the prefs_layoutoptions.txt from Arcadeflow folder will be helpful.
I tried to replicate the issue using a cfg like yours but I can't...

Oh I just noticed another thing: your layout is set to start as "display_menu", do you use a display menu lauout? You should set the AM startup to its default value, if you want to start with the display menu page in Arcadeflow you can set it in its own options
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 10:19:51 PM by zpaolo11x »

Jontox

• View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: October 12, 2020, 05:20:06 AM »
It plays videos from the current romlist/filter in random order. It's zoomed because each game shows only a certain number of scanlines from the middle of the screen. Sometimes this can be an issue if your videosnaps have an higher resolution than what was the original game resolution (e.g. mame snaps in full HD resolution, for console games it should be correct). Can you share a screenshot of the zoomed-in view, and some details about your video file? BTW a bit of zooming is "by design".

I do confirm this is what it's occurring, I've got Mame video snaps in full HD resolution.
Unfortunately, a screenshot is not obvious to take during attract mode screensaver, but it is exactly as you described.

Is there any work around this issue ?
Or it is how the attract mode screensaver was coded ?