Author Topic: [Solved] [RetroPie] Single rom list for all emulators  (Read 8512 times)

vernontwinkie

• View Profile
[Solved] [RetroPie] Single rom list for all emulators
« on: September 06, 2016, 10:06:34 AM »
I really only need it for 2 emulators - MAME2003 (in the arcade folder) and a game made in Python3. Is there a way to have it so I won't have a separate display with only the one game? This is for an arcade build and I'd like it to be as streamlined as possible.

edit: would something like "attract --import-romlist mame.lst --import-romlist python3.lst merged" work (put the two together in a new list called "merged")? I have a MAME 2003.txt file, but can't find a .lst file anywhere. And would I need to change to a certain directory, or can this be done from the home folder?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 09:37:58 PM by vernontwinkie »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [RetroPie] Single rom list for all emulators
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 09:17:49 PM »
Your romlist names will match your emulator names by default. Attract-Mode uses .txt files for the roms (you can import .lst files but they will be saved as .txt for AM to use them.) You should change into the /romlists directory to make things easier to run the command or else you'll need to define the paths to your romlist files and output file. If your romlist files or emulator names contain spaces make sure you rap them with quotes.

to change to the directory
Code: [Select]
cd /home/pi/.attract/romlists

to see your romlists names (and mostly likely your emulator names too)
ls *.txt

basic command
attract --import-romlist "<romlist name 1>.txt" "<emulator name 1>" --import-romlist "<romlist name 2>.txt" "<emulator name 2>" --output merged

this might be close to the command you want based on the info you listed
attract --import-romlist "MAME 2003.txt" "MAME 2003" --import-romlist python3.txt python3 --output merged
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:31:13 PM by progets »

vernontwinkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 05:35:25 AM »
Thanks! I'll try this when I get home. How would I use the merged list? Do I just create an emulator called "merged" and input the path for the roms directory?

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 11:31:45 AM »
Configure-->Displays-->MAME 2003-->Collection/Rom List-->merged
Configure-->Displays-->python3-->Show in Cycle-->No
Configure-->Displays-->python3-->Show in Displays-->No

This should make all you games appear in the MAME 2003 wheel and hide your python3 wheel.

vernontwinkie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 12:08:52 PM »
Configure-->Displays-->MAME 2003-->Collection/Rom List-->merged
Configure-->Displays-->python3-->Show in Cycle-->No
Configure-->Displays-->python3-->Show in Displays-->No

This should make all you games appear in the MAME 2003 wheel and hide your python3 wheel.

I can't wait to try this out. Thank you so much for the help! This is quite a large project I'm working on - 7 machines (6 2-player & 1 4-player). I'm also documenting everything so I can have a guide for any interested, once done.

vernontwinkie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 09:37:18 PM »
As a final update, it worked with a minor change. I had to go to /home/pi/.attract/romlists/ to do the import. It also doesn't seem to need to have the .txt at the end as the file created was merged.txt.txt - weird but works for me. Thanks for the help!

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 10:24:42 PM »
As a final update, it worked with a minor change. I had to go to /home/pi/.attract/romlists/ to do the import. It also doesn't seem to need to have the .txt at the end as the file created was merged.txt.txt - weird but works for me. Thanks for the help!

Sorry, I don't know why I wrote layouts instead of romlists as the folder. I also forgot that the import adds the .txt to the file name. I have edited the post above incase others use it. I'm glad you got what you need.