Author Topic: Problem plugin - Random  (Read 28184 times)

Malmanian

• View Profile
Re: Problem plugin - Random
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2018, 10:07:53 AM »
Pushed small update. Plugin should wait for intro to finish before activating plugin. Please test and report back if it doesn’t work. I didn’t actually test it.

As is, screensaver will never become active unless screensaver time is less than sequencers delay time (which would be pointless). One option is to not use a screensaver. Harsh, I know. Second option, differentiate between signals from the plugin and actual user plugins. I could then keep track of time the user was away and activate the screensaver manually a signal that you preset in the config to activate the screensaver. Plugin would have to disable when the screensaver is active, and enable when returning. Thoughts?

Thanks for the update, the sequencer plugin now waits correctly for the intro-video as long as the delay time set in the sequencer settings is not shorter than the intro-video length itself (for example if you set sequencer delay time to 5sec and the intro-video length is 10sec then it will still interrupt the intro-video at 5sec and jump into AM). This is really a non-issue since most of us use ~30sec as sequencer delay time (the normal video length of EmuMovies) and usually don't use long intro-videos (but I know some people love those super long intro videos in their arcade cabinets). Mine is just around 10 sec.

I just wish that AM would have a function that would ignore keyboard/joystick key inputs during the intro-video as an optional option. I use AHK script for that as a workaround until I learn how to do it via the intro.nut file correctly.

PS. This great plug-in has completely removed the need for a screensaver for me, and it works much better as a "Attract-Mode" attention grabber in an Arcade cabinet than the built in AM screensavers.

Keep up the good work and best regards.

/Edit, forgot to quote the post I was replying to
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 10:10:36 AM by manivanilli »

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2018, 01:17:11 AM »
Pushed small update. Plugin should wait for intro to finish before activating plugin. Please test and report back if it doesn’t work. I didn’t actually test it.

As is, screensaver will never become active unless screensaver time is less than sequencers delay time (which would be pointless). One option is to not use a screensaver. Harsh, I know. Second option, differentiate between signals from the plugin and actual user plugins. I could then keep track of time the user was away and activate the screensaver manually a signal that you preset in the config to activate the screensaver. Plugin would have to disable when the screensaver is active, and enable when returning. Thoughts?

Thanks for the update, the sequencer plugin now waits correctly for the intro-video as long as the delay time set in the sequencer settings is not shorter than the intro-video length itself (for example if you set sequencer delay time to 5sec and the intro-video length is 10sec then it will still interrupt the intro-video at 5sec and jump into AM). This is really a non-issue since most of us use ~30sec as sequencer delay time (the normal video length of EmuMovies) and usually don't use long intro-videos (but I know some people love those super long intro videos in their arcade cabinets). Mine is just around 10 sec.

I just wish that AM would have a function that would ignore keyboard/joystick key inputs during the intro-video as an optional option. I use AHK script for that as a workaround until I learn how to do it via the intro.nut file correctly.

PS. This great plug-in has completely removed the need for a screensaver for me, and it works much better as a "Attract-Mode" attention grabber in an Arcade cabinet than the built in AM screensavers.

Keep up the good work and best regards.

/Edit, forgot to quote the post I was replying to

Thank you for trying it out and your detailed review! Resolved the issue with the intro. Sorry about that. Fully tested now. Pushed update to GitHub.

I can disable signals when the intro is active, but this would best be handled by the intro script because the plugin would not know the length of the video object and it would be stuck on a never ending loop. You would have to add a signal handler and return true unless video is done playing.

tommiegunz

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2022, 12:16:46 PM »
hey guys do these plugins still work with updated AM versions i can't seem to get these working at all

jclampy69

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2022, 09:16:01 AM »
Well, I tried the plugin with the latest AM. All you need to do is make sure you also have the 'helpers' module installed as stated in the readme.

I noticed one weird thing though. After a few cycles the displayed 'snap video' will randomly become either an index offset -1 or +1 from what it is suppose to be.
Boxart, Cartart, Logo, and all metadata, overview, etc remain correct. Only the video is having the problem.

Otherwise, this would be a perfect plugin for my needs.

EDIT:
Trying this plugin again with a new layout I am creating. I only have videosnap and wheel setup at moment and I let this sequencer plugin run for about 3 minutes on a 5 second interval. Everything worked perfectly. Cheers.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 12:05:41 AM by jclampy69 »

MagNeatoh

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2023, 05:58:14 PM »
Tried this plugin with a couple different emulator lists and themes and I always get the same result.

• Switches to a new game after the configured number of seconds (I have chosen 40 so most of the content of the Hyperspin videos I'm using will fully play)
  • The rom's name displays in yellow text near the bottom-left of the screen (configured by default somewhere I think) which does not match the art being displayed. I have marquee, themes and wheel configured to display. The marquee and 'themes' art match each other, but do not match the romname being displayed. The wheel art does match the rom name
  • After a game has auto-switched, the marquee and 'themes' art initially match each other, but they display the art of the game next to it in the list. After 15 seconds, the marquee updates to match the displayed romname while the 'themes' art (hyperspin video in my case) does not
  • If I press Enter after the rotation has started, all the art updates to the displayed romname but the game does not run. I have to press Enter again to start the game

The plugin is useful as a screensaver, but not much more in this state. Anyone else have this experience?

Using Attract-Mode 2.6.2