Author Topic: Adding controls.ini to a filtered mame.xml list?  (Read 3633 times)

dbinott

• View Profile
Adding controls.ini to a filtered mame.xml list?
« on: June 28, 2016, 06:52:36 AM »
I have a mame.xml list I created with Don's list creator. I would like to add controls.ini so AM has the data. I tried adding to options in AM and then generate the rom list, but it generates list for ALL roms, not just what is already in my mame xml list. How can I add controls to my imported mame.xml list so AM can have that data?

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Adding controls.ini to a filtered mame.xml list?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 02:19:24 PM »
The controls.ini file support has been broken for a while. The notes of the latest AM release (2.1.0) mentions "* Issue #167 - Filter by button count" as being fixed (which would use the controls.ini). However, when I try to do an import like you are wanting it appears that the controls.ini is still not supported. Below is the command line output in Windows using AM 2.1.0 (I haven't tried Linux yet).

Code: [Select]
D:\AttractMode>attract --import-romlist .\romlist\mame-bkup.txt mame
*** Importing Collection/Rom List: .\romlist\mame-bkup.txt
[Import .\romlist\mame-bkup.txt] - Imported 0 entries.
 - Skipping import_extras file: .\extras\mame.xml
[Import .\extras\catver.ini] - found info for 0 entries.
[Import .\extras\nplayers.ini] - found info for 0 entries.
 * Unsupported import_extras file: .\extras\controls.ini

Notice the last line shows the controls.ini is unsupported.

You might consider using a 3rd party tool like RomLister ( https://www.waste.org/~winkles/ROMLister/ ) which can use the controls.ini file and also provide a lot more filtering options. Or maybe someone else can provide more details on this issue.