Author Topic: Elegante theme showcase [example video and screenshots] [WIP]  (Read 46803 times)

Jaski

• View Profile
Re: Elegante theme showcase [example video and screenshots] [WIP]
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2021, 03:54:59 AM »
hey, this is excellent work. I have a question, where did you get the roms overviews in Spanish? or did you translate one by one?

Skraper(dot)net, with their APP

For all, im working hard now on finish the theme. This project is totally alive!
Im sorry to dont show anything in some time, that's because these weeks i worked on debug the code, because it was big bunch of redundant lines. I finished that work, being able to remove about 1500 lines of code without lose any functionality (that means less CPU charge, fluidicity and useability on low specs bundles).

Now im implementing a game editor that overwrittes the default one of AM. Its a hard work, but im on the good path, i expect to be able to show a new teaser soon.
Thanks all for your kind words about the theme  :D

And, OFC, also new functionalities like a new settings option, new lines in the stats section and some visual improvements.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 03:58:54 AM by Jaski »

ToeMath

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2021, 03:21:44 PM »
great. I also use skraper, but it leaves all the overviews together in a file with a .dat extension. I still couldn't figure out how to pass them to .txt individually one by one.
It is good news that you are still working on this project. ;)

Jaski

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2021, 11:02:23 AM »
BUMP with a new preview video.
Step by step, closer to a public beta release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27WY0SrviY0

New additions:
-New fully functional controller setup.
-Reworked settings menu with more functions and better visuals.
-Added multifilter selection combos.
-Added new sorting options for gamelists (number of players, last played, times played and time played).
-Improved the last played games and the most played games displays.
-Improved music player.
-Added the option to change category names.
-Added a game editor to able to change every single game data.
-Added a icon to remark the favourite games.
-Improved functionalities and messages about disabled categories and games.

Next WIP:
-Add more options in statics display (most played systems, genres, etc).
-New resolutions, orientes for vertical displays (arcades, etc) and possibility to flip screen "onthefly".
-Routine that detects if its the first time the user opens the theme, to show a link or a video with a tutorial on how to deal with the theme.
-Add a parental system to able users to lock categories, genres and games with a password. Even the possibility to only able to open the frontend with user and password; and maybe an user system that stores different stats and info for different users.
-Add a virtual keyboard.
-Add an auto-cleaner that seeks into the ROM and SCRAPER folders for unused and unlinked data to clean old useless files.

bundangdon

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2021, 07:58:40 PM »
Wow! Looks incredibly good! You've managed to turn AttractMode into a completely new program all in itself! Great work once again and can't wait to try this out :)

Jaski

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2021, 03:30:35 AM »
Continuing to work on the theme, starting with the final proccess.
This time i bring a video demo with the animation of the screensaver display.
Hope you like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gc0FqJCaSI

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2021, 06:23:57 AM »
one theme to rule them all.... :P   nice work
help a friend....

serviettzky

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2021, 11:17:41 AM »
beautiful, I'm still waiting to be able to contribute to the French translation. 8)

If you want to keep the suspense until the release I understand, you just give me the texts to translate into good French  ;)

Jaski

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2021, 12:08:54 PM »
beautiful, I'm still waiting to be able to contribute to the French translation. 8)

If you want to keep the suspense until the release I understand, you just give me the texts to translate into good French  ;)

OFC man, the collaboration on translations is very much appreciated. I send you a PM. Thanks bro!

yontala

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2021, 06:32:00 AM »
Hello,

Any news about this project ? I love the visual.

If you always need some help I'm french too and can help to translate in a good french too.

Jaski

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2021, 07:00:15 AM »
Hello,

Any news about this project ? I love the visual.

If you always need some help I'm french too and can help to translate in a good french too.

Thanks a lot for your collaboration.
Now im finishing the pending functions (ingame controls, bezels and debug code and bugs).
When i get a stable and ready-to-beta version, i will count with all of you to do the final version of the translations.

Thanks a lot for your interest on the theme. I will work hard to have a stable and enjoyable beta very very soon.

yontala

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2021, 12:40:16 AM »
Hello Jaski,

Nice to hear that your project is soon in Beta.  No problem when you need help. Just contact me.

Jaski

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2021, 05:02:56 AM »
Well, sadly i have to say that the release will delay a bit... Some weeks, some months maybe.

That have a reason.

Until now, i coded all using a "trick" with the attract.cfg that makes the scripts reload every time the user select a entry in the romlist. That makes possible cool functions BUT have the problem that the more the code gets longer, the more the waiting times become bigger. That means, when the user select a system or a game, before he gets the display he wants, it takes about a second of script reloading without show any loading sceen. The user just feels the sensation of LAG, because between he preses a button and the theme reacts, it takes time.
So, what i can do reached that point? Yes... rework ALL.

I can continue doing the cool functions like to have different screens and overlays just with 1 layout, the genres, the XML scanner, the built in overlays... The theme will have all that i has now, this wont take out any function of the theme. But... this need a lot of work doing new coding and debugging the old, impleementing new callbacks and better use of the controller functions that i shown in the last demo.

The result will be "1 display for all". That means, no need to reload code every time the user enters a category or a system. All will work instantly, the only time the user will need to wait a loading time will be when launching the frontend, but since that, all must work with total fluidicity; because the theme only will load ONCE and all will happen in the same display with dinamic functions.

The counter part of that, is that all the code got obsolete in a moment, and i will need to debug ALL, line by line, 8900 code lines, rework almost every single one function and variable. I wont lie, this will take a lot of time. I will work hard to do all the faster i can.

I focused all my efforts on add content and functions, and cause of that, i didnt spend enough time to make a clean and "Elegante" code, so i ended with a TON of raw code, with redundant functions and a huge amount of lines that can be grouped and parsed a lot better. Literally i forced the compiler to the limit at a point that the theme just crash or works extreme slow. In this state, the theme is not "Elegant" is "Shabby". Now i need to do the things on the right way, simplifiying cleaning and optimizing the code. And OFC, to stop use the "trick" that forces the frontend to reload all scripts, and do a better use of the memory used by the aplication and the functionality of AM.

Since the start, i knew i will need to debug code before the release. But I didnt expect to get a point with so many functions like it is now. And now, the work of optimizing that i have in front of me, is terrorifying.

But trust me, it will worth to wait just a little more to have a really good feeling version of the theme.
For everyone that is following this project: im really sorry for this. I received a lot of mails and messages of support, and brothers, you are GREAT, thanks a lot, and forgive me for force you to use a little more of your infinite patience with my project.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 05:14:32 AM by Jaski »

gamesmame

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2021, 02:10:09 PM »
Man you're very good, take your time, use the time will need, we'll wait calmly, we know that codes to be good and light is a lot of work, because there's no point in a very beautiful and super heavy / slow theme, working to optimize the code by making it light is the best thing to do!  ;D ;)

My question is would you be able to provide the part that configures the control for all emulators or give any hints on how I can do this here? that's what caught my attention the most about your theme... a screen with control configuration that you will use, and the configure control, automatically controls all emulators, without having to configure one by one.  :)

ToeMath

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2021, 08:12:26 AM »
any news?  :-\

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2021, 04:40:18 PM »
i would hit him up on, discord..he is around..last note i herd was he was redoing the whole theme,  from scratch to make it moor complyant to somthing or another,,,,probley be some time....
help a friend....