Author Topic: how to get vids and pics to show up on select screen?  (Read 3605 times)

Bsoder52

• View Profile
how to get vids and pics to show up on select screen?
« on: April 30, 2015, 07:36:33 PM »
I'm to the point now where I need to download and install video and screen shot files.
Best resource for them?
How do I install em?

Thanks much for the continued help all!

akafox

• View Profile
Re: how to get vids and pics to show up on select screen?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 08:41:25 PM »
Emumovies is your easiest way To get everything you need.

As for "installing". There is no install. Just plunk then into a folder and point attract mode to them. They MUST be names the same name as the rom. (Emumovies names them for you.)
People want life easy..then complain about it

Bsoder52

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 08:35:20 PM »
I downloaded some AVI files and put them in a folder titles Vids, in the mame directory.  Can't see how to point mame at it though.
I'm in config....displays...mame.....but can't seem to figure it out.  the newbieness continues...I'm hopeless!!!

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 07:34:52 AM »
Well my fault then. You need to tell attract mode where the vid snaps are not mame. Mame doesn't care. Start Attract mode Press TAB in the configure menu go to emulators then choose mame (or whatever you called it) and then go to where it says 'snap" press enter you can erase all the text there if you wish to be safe. then (you are linux I think) Type $HOME/ and then the rest of your path. (e.g. $HOME/.mame/videos) then press enter. Now bck out of the configure menu (press esc twice) that should do it. If not start attract mode from a terminal and then scroll slowly through a few games...then quit attract mode and see if there are any errors...then we can work from there
People want life easy..then complain about it