Author Topic: Setting up controller help  (Read 8926 times)

Cory

• View Profile
Setting up controller help
« on: February 03, 2017, 07:59:09 AM »
I just got the reys 64gb attract mode I have it up and going I did the controller setup in retropie and in attract mode I can see may roms I put in nes folder but the controller won't let me play a game I can with keyboard the controller won't play any roms in attract mode or emulationstation is there something that I missed please help sorry if this is one that asked a hundred times but I did not see it in any previous discussions

mariozm

• View Profile
Re: Setting up controller help
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 07:10:36 PM »
You need to update your scripts in emulation station.  Make sure to reconfigure the controller(s) after.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 08:34:16 PM »
I'm assuming you went to emulationstation and set up your controllers from your post..just in case..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg9-nEvziPM

mariozm is correct update your scripts

are using wired or wireless controlers?
People want life easy..then complain about it

Cory

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 08:22:53 AM »
Yes at the moment I am using wired controllers eventually I'm going to go to the 8-Bit duel controllers thank you I will try the updating of the script and yes I have configure the controllers for emulationstation first
THANK FOR THE HELP
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:24:47 AM by Cory »

Cory

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 11:28:16 AM »
Ok did the script update there's no change when I'm in emulationstation my controller works like it should if I click on a ROM it goes to the ROM I can control it to a certain degree I can't back out of the game to pick another game until I use the Xscape on my keyboard if I'm in an attract mode it doesn't allow me to go into a game unless I use the keyboard and then when I use the keyboard to get in the game the controller still does nothing I am using a wired Logitech controller model f 310 ETA Prime did the video on Kevin's 64 gig attract mode I watch the video a dozen times as I set this up but I still have the issue with the controllers can any of you guys help I would appreciate it the only thing I can think of is to reformat the card and reimage everything basically start over I don't know hope you guys can help thank you

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 07:46:03 PM »
Ok first of all in emulation station you are running linux. You need to put the controller in "linux mode".
1. Power off your pi
2. unplug your controller.
3. on the back change the selector to the X
4. plug in back into the pi
5. restart your pi
6. using the keyboard go to emulation station to set up your controls
7. setup your controls
8. restart into attract mode

I use the same controller without issue but it will act funny if not in the right mode. If that doesn't fix the problem let me know..we will work from there.
People want life easy..then complain about it

Cory

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 11:32:22 AM »
Akafox I looked on back of controller it was already on X I just noticed when enter a game it will show on the bottom left of the screen what's going on like with your controller and it will show my controller at the very end I catch that it says not configured but I have gone through emulationstation a few times and configured it and I did it in attract mode using the keyboard I have used this same controller numerous times on all the other guys that I've built and never had an issue
I do appreciate the help