Author Topic: Is there an easy way to move videosnap where transparent screen is?  (Read 2716 times)

sosimple

• View Profile
I mostly mod themes of others. I have found all I need without actually learn the language. But for moving the objects in screen I spent many time.
For example, I have a background with a transparent area (screen most of the times). I then have to change at least 4 values, width, height of videosnap and x, y of where to move in screen..
All this is a very time consuming process .. I change the values , run attractmode to see where videosnap went, exit attractmode, change values again, ........... until I have it the way I wanted.
Are you all doing the same, or is there an easier way? I know threre is an online theme maker, but perhaps it will be worst, as I have to make a theme from the start..
Thanks,

rand0m

• View Profile
Re: Is there an easy way to move videosnap where transparent screen is?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 10:06:01 AM »
I use paint.net, it shows the location (like 500, 500) so makes it easier to pin point where to move the artwork. Also you can put one system on a different layout, entering and exiting it will reload the (testing) layout and won't need a restart or you can map reload to a key and use that.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 10:26:01 AM by rand0m »

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 10:55:03 AM »
here is how i do it......

past this in your script....  then go set key, for custom2 "under controls"

make your layout changes, save, and refresh, with the press of a button... ;)

Code: [Select]
function reload(str) { if ( str == "custom2" ) fe.signal("reload") }
fe.add_signal_handler(this, "reload")
help a friend....

sosimple

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 11:06:34 AM »
Thanks both. I try your advices.
It would be fantastic if someone with good knowledge of the language, created a some kind of theme, in which you would load your background and move with joystick or something the videosnap where you want, and change its dimensions etc.. It can be done. I know this because i know programming, i just haven't the time to learn this one, although i understand the most.
 Theming would be very easy this way, and many more themes would be created..
Just a thought. Thanks again.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 05:32:34 AM »
Thanks both. I try your advices.
It would be fantastic if someone with good knowledge of the language, created a some kind of theme, in which you would load your background and move with joystick or something the videosnap where you want, and change its dimensions etc.. It can be done. I know this because i know programming, i just haven't the time to learn this one, although i understand the most.
 Theming would be very easy this way, and many more themes would be created..
Just a thought. Thanks again.

This is more of an implementing design issue. You shouldn’t use pixel dimensions. Become responsive and resolution independent. Easiest way to start thinking with all monitors in mind, draw on paper in grid format. One square. Divide it into smaller squares. Draw objects. Implement it. Test with lowest resolution in mind. See if things are legible.

Giacomo1982

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 03:13:21 PM »
I know what you want , when I started coding themes I did the same.

In my themes you can move and scale objects in the option menu, I think is useful for people like you.

http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=3142.0

now I'm updating this theme with more artworks and options.

sosimple

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 04:36:32 AM »
I know what you want , when I started coding themes I did the same.

In my themes you can move and scale objects in the option menu, I think is useful for people like you.

http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=3142.0

now I'm updating this theme with more artworks and options.
Thanks man! It sure is useful. Ill look after for updates.