Author Topic: RGBcommander 0.4 released  (Read 6569 times)

mahuti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Github Repositories
RGBcommander 0.4 released
« on: March 17, 2017, 10:30:59 PM »
Just wanted to let you know about something that isn't directly AttractMode related per sé, but it is relevant to Raspberry Pi users that want LEDs on their cabinets or dynamic UltraStiks from Ultimarc. Gijsbrecht released the RGBcommander .4 in the last few days which handles both of those things. As one of the testers, I can confirm it works on Raspberry Pi, and works just fine in conjunction with AttractMode.

One of the things that was potentially keeping me from going full AttractMode, full Raspberry PI was lack of support for Led-Wiz and the fact that try as I might, I couldn't get dynamic mode changing to work on the RPI with the UltraStik. RGBcommander takes care of both of those issues. So now... I'm officially switching my four cabinets over to AttractMode and Raspberry PIs.

Here's a link to the latest: http://users.telenet.be/rgbcommander/

Also of note, RGBcommander works on Windows (though needs more version testing) as well as linux and Raspberry Pi. Take a look at the link above for more info.

locke141

• View Profile
Re: RGBcommander 0.4 released
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 07:35:11 AM »
I saw this on the thread over on BYOAC. It seems that no one has posted a video of it working. Can you post a video of it running on your R-pi?

More questions:
   -Which hard ware LED board are you using?
   -After initial setup how much work is involved? IE does the MAME out puts proved all the data needed after initial install al advertised, or do I the end user need to edit config files for ever game.

Thanks?
I have dyslexia.

mahuti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Github Repositories
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 01:18:09 PM »
I don't have a video. When the testing started, I ripped all of my stuff out of my CPO to simplify the testing and I haven't wired it back in yet (painting a replacement CPO right now) The panel I'm redoing only has 2 buttons (plus player 1 & 2) but I can take a video of it sometime in the next 24 hours or so once I have it wired back up.

Regarding your questions:

-  I'm using the Led-wiz from GroovyGameGear. Other testers have used the PacLed  64. Beyond that I'm not sure what everyone else is using, or what any other options are.

- After the initial install, you have to configure the XML file. The basics are: 1. Map player controls (P1_BUTTON1, P1_BUTTON2, P1_JOYSTICK) to hardware positions on the led board. 2. enter basic front-end options/defaults  3... optional stuff like modify default colors change default configuration of emulators, modify rom-specific colors in name, set up custom rom-specific configurations for emulators other than MAME... set up emulators that aren't specified.

The XML file contains about 1000 rom-specific configurations to make the button colors match the original button colors from the cabinets.. so that's ready to go. As far as MAME OUTPUT, that is handled pretty automatically as long as your player controls are mapped. It also includes a bunch of animation files for attract effects.

For me, doing the default setup didn't require much time commitment. I imagine you could get really involved if you wanted though.

Oh, I just remembered I have this really crappy video that just shows it going from animation to galaga specific that I took when testing:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8kImWCAKq6_eTg4Um1vM09HOUE/view?usp=sharing

It's nothing special. Only a few seconds long.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 01:21:24 PM by mahuti »

locke141

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 03:12:54 AM »
Thanks man,

I'm in the art work and planing stage of my next build and this info will be helpful.

I have dyslexia.

Srfrboybob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 07:52:44 PM »
I just ordered my Ultistik 360s ,pacled 64 and 20 RGB buttons for my Rpi 3 bartop build. I have my system running right now with out the RGB commander and can't wait to set it up. Hope it works because I just spent some $$. Will keep you updated.

locke141

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 09:55:55 PM »
Thanks man,

I'm working on the art and building a spinner now. It would be cool to get RGB light this build two.
I have dyslexia.

Srfrboybob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 04:45:13 PM »
Got Rgb commander running! Pretty simple and awesome. Here is a quick clip

https://youtu.be/qyjKYKUTBpI

Srfrboybob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 04:48:18 PM »
I am using a Spintrak spinner from Ultimarc. Works great with pi of you check out the guides on github

mahuti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Github Repositories
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 12:38:38 AM »
Works great with pi of you check out the guides on github

links?

Srfrboybob

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 01:56:03 AM »