Author Topic: SOLVED: Romlist contents are duplicated, second set has missing data  (Read 1751 times)

mahuti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Github Repositories
When I generate a romlist for MAME using extras (Catver.ini, players.ini, mame.xml, etc) I get a list that's duplicated. The first set of roms is correct, then at the end there's a second set of the same roms, but missing all of the information. It looks something like this:

Code: [Select]
1943;1943: The Battle of Midway (Euro);Arcade;;1987;Capcom;Shooter / Flying Vertical;2;270;joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way);good;1;raster;;;;2;;;;
... (a bunch of roms in this format)
1943;1943;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
... (a bunch of roms in this format)

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 11:11:02 PM by mahuti »

akafox

• View Profile
You are positive you only have ONE rom location set? 

And if the list is fine from top to the middle let's say...then repeasts all you have to do is open the file in a "raw text editor" [notepad] and delete the part of the list that is duplicate.
People want life easy..then complain about it

mahuti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Github Repositories
I double checked, and no there isn't more than one rom location set.

I'd been deleting the duplicates manually. Two years from now when I go to update that list I'll probably be confused as heck if I don't fix it though.  ;D

mahuti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Github Repositories
Ok. So I figured it out. The roms in my arcade folder had the wrong permissions. Even though I could play them, AM only started generating lists correctly once I set the perms to 755 on those roms.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions!