Author Topic: Need help mapping buttons for exit??  (Read 560 times)

excaliburlives

• View Profile
Need help mapping buttons for exit??
« on: October 04, 2023, 07:33:26 PM »
  Hello, I just installed hyperspin attract mode II. Picked it up at arcadepunks. Install went fine and everything is working. I't in my arcade cabinet that uses an I-Pac encoder. I just played MK3 and noticed that Player 2 button 3 (Q button i believe) exits the game when i hit it.?? I checked the settings and it doesn't have that in there, just escape button and Joy 0. How do i change this? Is there a config file somewhere i can modify?  I just want to play some head2head games on MK3. Everything else is fine.

excaliburlives

• View Profile
Re: Need help mapping buttons for exit??
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2023, 09:00:07 AM »
Figured it out. I had to delete the hotkey from RL.

Enkak

• View Profile
Re: Need help mapping buttons for exit??
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2023, 10:37:43 AM »
Glad that you found the solution. :)

Since HA uses RocketLauncher in the background, some of those global ingame settings like global exit are there as you have found.

Esc is always bad for RL exit key due to how some emulators use it for other functions like change fullscreen and so on. Then using only a controller inputs combo for RL exit is risky because we noticed with time that xbox 360 inputs work, then xbox one controller and others not. So the safer bet that worked always was using instead a keyboard exit key, paired with a default joytokey profile where pressing back+start with a xinput controller = pressing letter "Q" on keyboard.

We might try to change the keyboard key to a less common one if we reach a conclusion for a good alternative key used on every keyboard.