Author Topic: Best theme for an arcade machine?  (Read 20693 times)

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Best theme for an arcade machine?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 12:04:44 PM »
I don't think raygun gets enough credit for his themes sometimes...

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2016, 12:27:20 PM »
Monkeybomb-

The GBS-8100 is actually working out pretty well for me so far. You can get good results by tweaking the /boot/config.txt and mame config. I'll take this over LCD on any given day. I need to get off my butt and upload some videos.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2016, 07:35:22 PM »
Here's a link for some 10+ sec videos of various layouts. The quality doesn't look that good because of the flicker and the fact I was squatting over the guts of the cab on the floor, LOL...  The layouts look a lot better in person, at least some do. I need to adjust the flicker as well.

https://app.box.com/s/1ddmohgmjgg9kzegwfxhfuksp74ezt10

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2016, 01:38:23 PM »
Arcade bliss looks OK but robospin looks incredible on a crt. What other layout allows you to swap between wheel art, vertical wheel art or text listbox? It's not that I'm bias or anything.  :)

It scales down to 240p?
Ideally this will be my target goal for the 20" CRT TV with component in i'm going to use in the BERZERK cab i'm restoring.
If so i'll be adjusting it to a berzerk theme.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2016, 04:56:17 PM »
nitro-

Yes, but you need to change the first 2 lines to something like 640x480 otherwise the skew bug will raise its ugly head with the videos. I'm actually testing this now with my pi connected to a 15k CRT. Except, now I'm just using a  j-pac as a pass thru instead of the GBS-8100. I didn't need the 8100, giving that the pi will output 640x240 by using group 1 mode 8 in the config.txt. And, its just a cleaner solution with a jamma or naomi cabinet.

local my_config = fe.get_config();
local flx = fe.layout.width=640;
local fly = fe.layout.height=480;
local flw = fe.layout.width;
local flh = fe.layout.height;
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 08:56:03 AM by omegaman »

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 02:10:11 AM »
I run mine on all my TTX arcades dose that count?

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 08:48:30 AM »
nitro-

Yes, but you need to change the first 2 lines to something like 640x480 otherwise the skew bug will raise its ugly head with the videos. I'm actually testing this now with my pi connected to a 15k CRT. Accept, now I'm just using a  j-pac as a pass thru instead of the GBS-8100. I didn't need the 8100, giving that the pi will output 640x240 by using group 1 mode 8 in the config.txt. And, its just a cleaner solution with a jamma or naomi cabinet.

local my_config = fe.get_config();
local flx = fe.layout.width=640;
local fly = fe.layout.height=480;
local flw = fe.layout.width;
local flh = fe.layout.height;

Cool!

My plan was to do the same resolution using a gertVGA, Extron RGB scan convertor and a SCART to component adapter to a 20" CRT TV with component in.
Just waiting for time to build the GertVGA and the cables and the BNC connectors. :)

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 08:56:39 AM by nitrogen_widget »

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 09:13:26 AM »
Atrfate-

I've never owned a taito arcade cab but seems like a solid choice for a mutlicade especially if it's REV.01B. But, don't they use security dongles? 

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 10:29:37 PM »
Well, all of the games that have been released for ttx on PC the only titles that havsnt been leaked are NEsica X live titles what the theme is based off of so on any pc right now you could enjoy a full unemulated version of all TTX/TTX2 and some of the TTX3  Titles

what taito did was make a custom io on windows pcs what is needed is a JVS IO to keyboard coverter  this can be done in software

So normal Pc the typx_loader makes  a fake com device and hooks it to keyboard controls but if you have a real ttx with the real io....the games dont even have a Sercity check they only look for the

correct io  So instead of starting them with the bat files thats in every ttx release you can just click game.exe and they load prefectly

The nesicaXlive titles data haven't been public avilablely so Cant say how they work, the titles in my artwork that are on nesica x live, i currently use the steam pc release on the cab

ALSO should mention that the Real TTX games you find with a dongel beacuse the harddrives are locked, so they wont run with out the hasp key, so its not a lock on the game but the disc itself

because funny en ought people have made the other end of the spectrum in the since of something that takes a real ttx jvs io and makes it a keyboard
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 10:41:06 PM by atrfate »

JMantelot

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2017, 08:33:20 PM »
I'm fairly new to AM; however, the themes I have been enjoying are robospin, arcadebliss, and flatblue.

the only thing with flatblue is that I can't get it to work on my RPI. It works on my pc though.