Author Topic: [V1.0 Release][WIP] Famicom Mini/NES Mini theme  (Read 110563 times)

davbarc

• View Profile
Re: [WIP] Famicom Mini/NES Mini theme
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2017, 10:17:55 PM »
Looks like this theme is never going to get released. ???
How long do you think it takes? I only spent one month .. I continue working on it in my free time and soon it will be, if it does not contribute anything please have patience and do not disturb please

Don’t let people get to you. Take your time. This shit isn’t easy. It has been taking me for ever to complete a layout for my machine that I am happy with. It is a design and code learning experience. If people were really concerned, they would ask for a release on github and would help contribute with push requests.

Side note: Your theme looks amazing, and I cant image it being easy with all the menus and such.

Sometimes it is difficult, because I would like to have more time to dedicate, I also had to wait for some release of another person and I understand that sometimes we would like to have it right now, thank you very much for your advice! :)

2 months... since you showed off your working theme :(

tease bro :( not fair.

its no easy pal, i trying to do one myself but nothing like davbarc that looks more complete, let just the artist work, besides he does it for free

Thanks for your understanding, I am working hard to be able to share it as soon as possible, any questions are welcome

2 months... since you showed off your working theme :(

tease bro :( not fair.

Thank you for your interest in this project, it is true that development takes time and it is difficult to advance sometimes because of lack of time, thank you for patience and understanding, leave a little update in the main post :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 10:20:01 PM by davbarc »

jingletit

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2017, 02:47:38 AM »
Sorry for my lack of patience before. The update is looking sweet keep up the great work. 8)

harpiufof

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2017, 03:37:21 PM »
ENGLISH (sorry for my bad english)

In my humble opinion I think you should only worry about the functions more than the appearance. Yes, it is strange to say this when we talk about themes xD, but what I mean is to leave the theme with the functions that you want it to got (as is the movement of the wheel, functions for when press "up" or "down", etc.) and everything aesthetic with options for users decide how to decorate to taste.

Something like:

Title: "Interface"

Options:
- "NES Mini" (which looks like the NES mini on all systems and only changes the name of the chosen system logo, as you think better. May also have an option to choose the one or the other)
- "Famicom Mini" (same as the previous one with the Famicom interface)
- "System Mini" (here would be the option of personalized funds per system, although in this case my recommendation is to just leave the most common systems, so that later if the user wants to add some not so common system, add the background image he want).

In this last point I do not think it bad that you want to make the funds for each existing system, but keep in mind that there are many and takes a long time make all. There are also the fact that in cases like the arcaded systems people usually make the filters (as in the case of Neo Geo, Capcom Play System, Zinc, etc). That's why I think it's best to leave this part to users, then little by little they are likely to uploading their own backgrounds from each system for your theme.

ESPAÑOL

En mi humilde opinión creo que solo deberías de preocuparte mas en las funciones mas que en la apariencia. Si, es raro decir esto cuando hablamos de themes xD, pero a lo que me refiero es a dejar el theme con las funciones que quieras que estén (como lo es el movimiento de la wheel, funciones para cuando presionas "arriba" o "abajo", etc) y todo lo estético con opciones para que los usuarios decidan como decorarlo a gusto.

Algo así como:

titulo: "Interfaz"

opciones:
- "NES Mini" (que se vea tal cual a la NES mini en todos los sistemas y que solo cambie el nombre o logo del sistema elegido, según como te parezca mejor. También puede haber una opción para elegir el uno o el otro).
- "Famicom Mini" (lo mismo que la anterior nomas que con la interfaz de la Famicom).
- "System Mini" (acá si entraría lo de los fondos personalizados por sistemas, aunque en este caso mi recomendación es que solo dejes los sistemas mas comunes, para que luego si el usuario quiere agregar algún sistema no tan común, él mismo ponga la imagen de fondo que desee).

En este ultimo punto no me parece mal que quieras hacer los fondos para cada sistema existente, pero tené en cuenta que son muchos y podría llevarte mucho tiempo hacerlos todos. Ademas también está el hecho de que en casos como por ejemplo de sistemas arcades la gente suele hacer filtros (como en el caso de Neo Geo, Capcom Play System, Zinc, etc). Por eso considero que es mejor dejar está parte a los usuarios, luego de a poco es probable que ellos mismos suban sus propios fondos de cada sistema para tu theme.

madsheep

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2017, 04:48:59 PM »
Dirty & Fast Color Theme

« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 04:50:32 PM by madsheep »

Batwell95

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2017, 12:59:10 PM »
Can't wait for the release of the theme. Keep up the amazing work and hope you have a nice day.

madsheep

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2017, 04:24:31 PM »

bjose2345

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2017, 12:36:40 PM »
Im somewhat impatient and I did mine, although it is still in development but have it quite advanced  :P
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 12:40:21 PM by bjose2345 »

ouitard

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2017, 07:23:44 AM »
Im somewhat impatient and I did mine, although it is still in development but have it quite advanced  :P

CHEERS!! and you released what you have! so people can help you. or people can use what you have..  50% working RELEASED theme. Is better than a 99.99999% working NEVER RELEASED theme...

spaffley

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2017, 10:43:23 AM »
Hi, any news on a first release please?

spaffley

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2017, 04:05:42 AM »
Is this still in progress???

davbarc

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2017, 09:46:44 AM »
Is this still in progress???
Yes! today release V1.0, look the first post :)

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
Re: [V1.0 Release][WIP] Famicom Mini/NES Mini theme
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2017, 11:42:52 AM »
hell ya you rock......i had faith
and here we are.....thanks
help a friend....

bjose2345

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2017, 01:12:14 PM »
Nice work, your code is very similiar to mine, i mean very similiar ideas. Thanks for making this.

davbarc

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2017, 04:30:15 AM »
CHEERS!! and you released what you have! so people can help you. or people can use what you have..  50% working RELEASED theme. Is better than a 99.99999% working NEVER RELEASED theme...
I do not see you contributing code or being of help to anyone, I only see you say stupid things, people like you are toxic to any community, I do not understand what you do here, please do not bother more.

hell ya you rock......i had faith
and here we are.....thanks
Thank you!

Great madsheep! i use for the next release, In the main post there is an attachment with a base to create backgrounds and menus, if you need, thanks for your collaboration.

¡salió! gracias por las recomendaciones, si tenes ganas de probarlo o crear un nuevo background bienvenido sea. :)

kent79

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2017, 06:14:28 AM »
Great Job. Thanks  :)