Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548123 times)

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 3.3 [Release] Updated 6 January 2018
« Reply #195 on: January 25, 2019, 06:48:54 AM »
I'm digging this layout thus far... tons of options... lots to learn from... awesome!
Visit my arcade blog ... www.idahogaragecade.com (updated 06-27-19)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 3.4 [Release] Updated 31 January 2018
« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2019, 10:32:00 AM »
Updated to 3.4, enjoy and report bugs!

calle81

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2019, 11:45:35 AM »
u

Where I can i download it? It's not available on github :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #198 on: January 31, 2019, 12:02:58 PM »
u

Where I can i download it? It's not available on github :)

It’s in the first post, between the two images. On github tomorrow

calle81

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 01, 2019, 06:26:32 AM »
Thanks, unfortunately AM freeze when I try to enter a display using this theme. Really weird. I have to go into task manager in order to shutdown AM.

I'd really like to learn how to use the sub menu. It would be awesome to be able to add this to more themes. :P

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #200 on: February 01, 2019, 01:17:10 PM »
Thanks, unfortunately AM freeze when I try to enter a display using this theme. Really weird. I have to go into task manager in order to shutdown AM.

You mean this latest version freezes or even older versions? What revision of Attract Mode are you using? And do you have a console log or it just hangs? That's really strange :(

calle81

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 01, 2019, 02:00:01 PM »
I'm running the latest version from the daily build. And yeah I can't get to the console when i freezes. If it's only I that have the problem it must be something on my end.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2019, 02:08:39 PM »
I'm running the latest version from the daily build.

I meant if earlier versions of Arcadeflow were working, because the latest one has many changes and maybe some issue I didn't catch on my test systems.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #203 on: February 03, 2019, 03:42:10 AM »
I've put together a simple website to gather old versions of my theme, together with some screenshots. I'll update it from time to time and hopefully one day I'll had a true "vademecum" to explain all the features and options of the current revision :D

http://www.mixandmatch.it/AF

SFNMutt

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 06, 2019, 08:21:21 AM »
the new version added the context menu to game select which means you have to select the game & then select it again.  I'm setting up my system for a 6yr old so I'd like to simplify things.  is there any way for me to disable this so selecting a game goes straight to the game and the context menu back to being a custom button?

thanks, love the theme by the way

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #205 on: February 06, 2019, 08:48:57 AM »
I'm setting up my system for a 6yr old so I'd like to simplify things.  is there any way for me to disable this so selecting a game goes straight to the game and the context menu back to being a custom button?

It's so ironic that I changed the way it worked to make things simpler :D Disabling the new way is not straightforward, but if you can wait a bit I'll add it as an option in the next revision. Meanwhile you can get the previous version from the archive.

SFNMutt

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 06, 2019, 09:06:47 AM »
WOW!  that was really quick.  I still have the older theme installed so I can totally use that. thank you!

by the way, the older version I was using is actually much older.  when I bumped up to the current version really love the icons in the upper left showing buttons & controls.  made me realize I had a couple games that required too many buttons.  :D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #207 on: February 06, 2019, 10:32:06 AM »
made me realize I had a couple games that required too many buttons.  :D

I decided to code that icon because the first thing I do when launching a game I don't know is going into mame settings to see how many button it uses :D

Anyway I implemented what you asked for this way: in the layout options you can select (as it was before) the overmenu button, but this time you can also chose "select". So if you chose "select" it will work like 3.4, if you chose "custom1" or other custom button it will work as the old layout. Just give me some time to tweak again the glow effect and I'll release it lol

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 3.5 [Release] Updated 7 February 2019
« Reply #208 on: February 07, 2019, 03:35:34 AM »
Updated to revision 3.5! Download link in the homepage or at http://www.mixandmatch.it/AF

SFNMutt

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 3.5 [Release] Updated 7 February 2019
« Reply #209 on: February 07, 2019, 05:14:38 AM »
I can't believe you already updated it, thank you.  this is great. 

your site made it really easy for me to install 1/2 a dozen old versions of your theme.  thanks for that too.

I've run into an issue.  Not asking you to fix it.  Just letting you know about it.  on my laptop where I've been setting up AttractMode, AF3.5 runs awesome.  for some reason on my home & work PCs it runs really slow.  I've tried disabling everything I can in theme options & deleted all the vid snaps but there were no changes in speed.  Changing to any of the themes that come w/ AttactMode solves it.  Dropping back to AF2 & changing the layout to no shader helps a lot but still slower than the laptop.  all 3 machines are new / fast W10 PCs & have 4k screens.  not sure why 1 would run any diff than the other.  the laptop is ridiculously fast but the 2 PCs certainly aren't dogs.  Both are newer i7s w/ a ton of ram & decent vid cards.  both PCs are using large HDTVs for screens so maybe that's got something to do w/ it.  I tired running AM in a small window but it was no different.

this doesn't matter as long as it runs good on the PC I've yet to setup for my arcade1up pacman. even if it doesn't, v2 will be all that unit needs.

here's a vid showing it running slow at work.
https://youtu.be/YrtK0Stze40
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 05:29:44 AM by SFNMutt »