Author Topic: ArcadeBliss - Info Overload Edition  (Read 61622 times)

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
Re: New Theme - ArcadeBliss
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2016, 04:59:19 AM »
This is a beautiful and professional-looking theme :) However, for me it would be great if there was an option to scroll through the box-art (consoles) or flyers (arcade) instead of videos, and have a video/screenshot on the top left (instead of the flyer or box). I was playing with this layout and after a while my eyes were getting exhausted from all the movement on the screen, caused by multiple videos running at one time. But maybe that's just me? ::)

There's an easy solution,  look at attractmode less and play more games  ;)

All joking aside, there's a quick way that I can make this possible.  With my next update I will make it an option and you let me know if it's what you had in mind.

bundangdon

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2016, 06:38:07 AM »
Very true  ;D having said that, look forward to your next update and that would be great if you added that option in there!

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2016, 09:01:21 PM »
Ok the new update and the changes. The new layout has been updated in first post

• complete: allow all artwork in layout to be changed using layout options
  • bug fix: found an error in fade.nut not allowing the use of default artwork. Bug logged, and layout changed to use an altered version.

@bundangdon

because I do not have console art, just add the label to the list of artworks in the layout, and it will be available in the layout. If that is above your skill level, just let me know the label "foldername" where the console artwork is stored on your system.

Cheers,
AB

bundangdon

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2016, 06:15:03 AM »
Great update! What I was trying to accomplish was something like this. (see the photo below) I basically figured out how to do it, although the size of the video and the distance between each box art could use some improvement. Other than that, this is an excellent theme!

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2016, 11:10:53 AM »
Great update! What I was trying to accomplish was something like this. (see the photo below) I basically figured out how to do it, although the size of the video and the distance between each box art could use some improvement. Other than that, this is an excellent theme!

To change the spacing below,  go into the layout options and Chang the wheel count to a higher number.  Because wheel art is not really a thing for consoles,  I can add layout options to disable certain artwork altogether.

bundangdon

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2016, 07:44:20 AM »
Wow, that was easier than I thought ;D Thank you very much again and keep up the good work!

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2016, 01:12:08 PM »
This is really good looking theme - especially if you want some more info about the game.

joeyC

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2016, 07:02:07 PM »
Thank you very much for providing this theme.  I like the option of using a video in the top left, but would it be possible to increase the size of the video and possibly add the crt effect there as well?  Great work and thanks again.

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2016, 09:28:41 PM »
Thank you very much for providing this theme.  I like the option of using a video in the top left, but would it be possible to increase the size of the video and possibly add the crt effect there as well?  Great work and thanks again.

Could you give me an idea how large you would like the video in pixels? My current layout is created for a 1280x1024 screen.

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2016, 09:32:52 PM »
New update in the first post:

• completed: generalized the imaging code for the genre image to allow it to be used by any changing image scenario
  • completed: implemented displaying the ESRB rating image based on the selected game. (used tagging to accomplish this)
  • completed: added the value "none" to all artwork options incase certain artwork is not relevant for an emulator
  • completed: changed layout options "Satellite Count" to "Game List Count"

If you use this version, you will need to change the "game list count" in the layout options to a new setting. To make the ratings work, I have included a tag.zip to be unpacked in "./romlists/mame/". I have tagged all mame games from v164 using the hyperspin xml as a source

The Youtube link has been updated to show all new features and here's a pic showing the game rating On the arcade flyer. Enjoy: https://youtu.be/imPfq14dC4M
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 09:51:17 PM by ArcadeBliss »

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2016, 10:57:49 PM »
Great work on the menu overlay!
Thanks alot! I plan to animate at some point.

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2016, 11:00:17 PM »
This is really good looking theme - especially if you want some more info about the game.

Thanks a lot verion! I wish I had your design chops. I have so many ideas but little ability.

joeyC

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2016, 08:13:22 AM »

Could you give me an idea how large you would like the video in pixels? My current layout is created for a 1280x1024 screen.

It would be nice if it was closer in size to a 4x3 aspect ratio, similar to how it's set up in your theme when you are selecting a game based on the video.  So when using a video in the top-left, maybe just have it taller since it looks to be more wide-screen there?  I apologize for my non-technical response, as I'm and idiot when it comes to this stuff.  However, still gonna use the theme even if that's not an ideal solution :)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 08:15:21 AM by joeyC »

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2016, 01:19:03 PM »

It would be nice if it was closer in size to a 4x3 aspect ratio, similar to how it's set up in your theme when you are selecting a game based on the video.  So when using a video in the top-left, maybe just have it taller since it looks to be more wide-screen there?  I apologize for my non-technical response, as I'm and idiot when it comes to this stuff.  However, still gonna use the theme even if that's not an ideal solution :)
I will check the code tomorrow. I could swear it should preserve the aspect ratio of the video.  If not,  this is an easy fix.

joeyC

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2016, 02:26:24 PM »

I will check the code tomorrow. I could swear it should preserve the aspect ratio of the video.  If not,  this is an easy fix.

I'm wondering if the reason I'm seeing the video stretched is due to the fact that my resolution is set to 1920x1080.  When i set it to 1280x1024 it's not stretched any more.  Also, I believe you are correct about preserving the aspect ratio of the video.  When I change it to 'false' in the layout.nut, it's not stretched anymore either.