Attract-Mode Support > Themes

Help with the language.

(1/2) > >>

iOtero:
Using the Spanish language in Attract-Mode, when the name does not have special characters, it looks good:

They see the title and the flyer perfectly.

But if it bears some special character, typical of the Spanish language, as in the following case, the title is perfectly read (including the special character), but it does not read the flyer, whose name on the hard disk also carries the special character.

Can someone tell me why this happens and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

kent79:
Check \Emulator\Attract Mode\romlists\ .... .txt file. Make sure name can correctly display in rom list. You may need to change the txt file to UTF-8 format 

iOtero:

--- Quote from: kent79 on June 18, 2018, 04:55:54 PM ---Check \Emulator\Attract Mode\romlists\ .... .txt file. Make sure name can correctly display in rom list. You may need to change the txt file to UTF-8 format

--- End quote ---

I have opened it with notepad++ and it says: encode in utf-8.

If I encode this file to ANSI, the problem is reversed: The flyer looks good, but the special characters of the title do not look good.

progets:
What OS are you using and have you properly set the language, keyboard, location, etc. settings?

If your OS is Linux you should see the console messages/errors from AM. If you're using Windows you can try...
1. Download the console version of AM from here http://attractmode.org/download.html.
2. Extract the attract.exe file and rename it to attract-console.exe.
3. Place this file in your existing AM install folder and run it. You should see what's happening in the console window as you scroll through the games.

iOtero:

--- Quote from: progets on June 18, 2018, 06:56:33 PM ---What OS are you using and have you properly set the language, keyboard, location, etc. settings?

If your OS is Linux you should see the console messages/errors from AM. If you're using Windows you can try...
1. Download the console version of AM from here http://attractmode.org/download.html.
2. Extract the attract.exe file and rename it to attract-console.exe.
3. Place this file in your existing AM install folder and run it. You should see what's happening in the console window as you scroll through the games.

--- End quote ---

I use Windows 10 in Spanish (Spain). And my jukebox.cfg file is encoded in UTF-8:

--- Code: ---@echo off
:: temporarily change console codepage to UTF-8
>NUL chcp 65001

:: create Jukebox.txt
for %%i in ("%output%\*.m3u") do @echo %%~ni;%%~ni;Jukebox;;;;;;;;;;;;;; >> "%musiclist%\Jukebox.txt"

--- End code ---

And when I open it in the notepad, - an example line - it reads:

--- Code: ---Amaral - Pájaros En La Cabeza - 2005;Amaral - Pájaros En La Cabeza - 2005;Jukebox;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

--- End code ---

But in the Attract-Mode console it appears with the following characters:

--- Code: ---Loading TXT: E:\arcade\sistemas\pinballs\jukebox\roms/Amaral - Pßjaros En La Cabeza - 2005.m3u

--- End code ---

That does not look like ANSI code, because when i convert Jukebox.cfg from UTF-8 to ANSI, it says:

--- Code: ---Amaral - Pájaros En La Cabeza - 2005;Amaral - Pájaros En La Cabeza - 2005;Jukebox;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

--- End code ---

This is a mess, I do not know what's happening here...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version