Author Topic: Sorry, bumping you down Raygun :p Here is a new cabinet theme with wheel tweaks  (Read 11330 times)

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVp2uqvFH5o&feature=youtu.be

Improved wheel increments and offsets. No jerkiness now. Selected game layered on top of wheel (Bigger). Script uploaded for anyone who is interested. Feel free to make any enhancements. Any feedback appreciated.   Raygun what do you think?

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Raygun-

Is there a better way to create my spin wheel effect? Say, something along the lines of the conveyor module. I compared my wheel to hyperspin's and its pretty darn close but just a tad slower, albeit not by much.  The downside to this way is that any adjustments become tedious. Thanks...

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
hey omegaman, I haven't had a chance to look at your layout file yet, but the idea of the conveyor module is to make it as easy as possible to do smooth scrolling effects like the hyperspin wheel you are doing.

If you look at the orbit layout for example, it is using the conveyor module to adjust the artwork sizes and position along an arc to make it look like a 3D orbit as the artworks move.  so a similar approach could be used to get a smooth scrolling wheel instead.

I'll follow up with specific comments...

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey, try this one out... I updated your layout to use the conveyor module for the wheel and to allow a few things to be configured (wheel artwork, wheel speed)... let me know if it works for you!

It works well here but I don't have all the artworks to test

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
WOW! Thanks for taking some time to look at the script and for the improvements. This is definitely much better, smoother. I figured the conveyor module would do the trick but I didn't understand it well enough to accomplish the task at hand. Thanks again.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Ray-

Thanks again for the help. It works better than expected, using it with some custom wheels now.

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ray-

Thanks again for the help. It works better than expected, using it with some custom wheels now.

No problem Omegaman.  It'd be great to see the layout in action now if you have time to update your video or post the artwork...
Thanks! 

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Raygun-

Here is a new theme,  I just threw together to show the wheel changes you made in action. After more testing, there still seems to be some sluggishness after going through the Wheel Entries, fast then slow then fast etc... .  And, the transition_ms variable doesn't seem to have much affect. At-least, not significantly enough where I can tell a difference. But, still better than before IMHO.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oox4l93s2zA&feature=youtu.be

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
OK, I did some more testing - more thorough this time. And, it seems I was wrong on the "Transition Time" changes. I used a timer on my phone this time, and changed it in the user config setting from 50ms to 25ms and saw a marked improvement form 11+ to 9+ secs. That is going through an entire list of 6000 games. Going lower than 25 though, the improvement is marginal. So, for right now, guess I am gonna stick with a setting of 25. I will post another video soon showing how fast it is. Thanks..

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
OK, I did some more testing - more thorough this time. And, it seems I was wrong on the "Transition Time" changes. I used a timer on my phone this time, and changed it in the user config setting from 50ms to 25ms and saw a marked improvement form 11+ to 9+ secs. That is going through an entire list of 6000 games. Going lower than 25 though, the improvement is marginal. So, for right now, guess I am gonna stick with a setting of 25. I will post another video soon showing how fast it is. Thanks..

Great, sounds good. I thought the theme in your earlier video looked really good, I'm looking forward to the update...