Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Themes / Re: Nostalgic Build, theme per system AM+
« Last post by zestful on April 08, 2024, 08:39:32 AM »
Xbox 360 Theme add on: https://youtu.be/JNon_UKW6UY?si=vr8nWkFkRA2G320-

This might just be the best theme yet, Microsoft Xbox 360 theme, built in photoshop and brought to life with Attract Mode +

This one's using a new Attract Mode + module by Chadnaut called Sequence, this is an advanced preview copy, but it's looking incredible from my perspective.  Big thank you to Chadnaut, who basically wrote the majority of the animations in this theme using it.  I've now got my head around it, so will be using it for themes going forward.   The big bonus on sequence is stackable animations, so you can do lots of cool sequences very easily with it. 

https://github.com/Chadnaut/Attract-Mode-Modules/tree/master/modules/sequence

Interactable features:

-Toggable menu reflections (massive thanks to Tankman3737, I couldn't get this to work, but he very kindly spent the time getting it working and looking great!)
-Animated ripples on menu floor   
-Disc tray opens and closes
-Disc pops into tray and closes with tray
-Power button follows original Xbox 360 load sequence
-Tray eject button presses and depressed with tray animations
-Custom menu following Xbox 360 NXE theme, but with my own twist on it.
-Custom meta screen, meta disc animation.
-Toggle full screen on / off

Big shout out to Chadnaut and Tankman3737, you guys are awesome!

General / Re: 2.7.0 Mac OS X Release?
« Last post by zpaolo11x on April 08, 2024, 05:42:11 AM »
I suggest you move to Attract Mode Plus which is actively developed and available for macOS Intel and Apple Silicon

https://github.com/oomek/attractplus/releases/tag/3.0.8
Scripting / Game count
« Last post by clockman on April 08, 2024, 03:15:23 AM »
I do i show the games count for example 1/10 in the layout.nut With color, font, and size? All right i figured it out.
Themes / Re: GB_Layouts for Attract Mode 2.7.0
« Last post by JJTheKing on April 07, 2024, 06:09:30 PM »
Very Cool Thank You
General / 2.7.0 Mac OS X Release?
« Last post by cressie176 on April 07, 2024, 01:39:56 PM »
Hello. I was wondering if there's a 2.7.0 release for Mac OS X? The latest Mac OS X version (2.6.1) has a really nasty bug in the mame emulator settings (https://github.com/mickelson/attract/pull/615) that corrupts MAME.cfg whenever a romlist is generated, causing launched games to hang and requiring a hard reboot to recover. This was fixed in v2.6.2, but only released for Windows and Linux

Emulators / Re: Launching mame from AM hangs (mac)
« Last post by cressie176 on April 07, 2024, 12:50:53 PM »
Removing the pause_hotkey line from the MAME.cfg file fixed the issue. I'll close this issue and report a bug.
Emulators / Re: Launching mame from AM hangs (mac)
« Last post by cressie176 on April 07, 2024, 12:47:23 PM »
I think there might be a bug with AM's mame emulator configuration. The pause_hotkey value is set to "$HOME/Applications/mame/marquee" however the AM UI doesn't even show this option (see screenshot). I haven't edited the file manually

Emulators / Launching mame from AM hangs (mac)
« Last post by cressie176 on April 07, 2024, 12:26:44 PM »
Hello.

I'm trying to get AM working with mame on an Intel Mac. Mame works fine from the command line, but hangs at the game information screen when I launch from AM.

My setup is as follows...

• I've installed AM 2.6.1
  • I've installed mame 0.264 via macports. The binary is /opt/local/libexec/mame/mame
  • I've created a mame like directory structure in ~/Applications/mame
  • I've downloaded the circus rom and all the bios files from a 0.264 romset into the ~/Applications/mame/roms folder

The following launches the game as expected

Code: [Select]
cd ~/Applications/mame
/opt/local/libexec/mame/mame circus

However, if I launch the game from AM it hangs on mame's game information screen. To further debug I added the -window, -verbose and -log command arguments. MacOS reports that the application is not responding and I get the spinning wheel of death when I focus on the mame window. Calling ps -ef shows the following

501  3182  3100   0  7:40pm ??         0:01.51 /opt/local/libexec/mame/mame circus -window -verbose -log
The contents of the mame error.log is

<U+FEFF>[:screen] :screen: Deprecated legacy Old Style screen configured (set_vblank_time), please use set_raw instead.
Soft reset
[:cchip] ':cchip:upd7811' (01F4) port F written ff
[:cchip] ':cchip:upd7811' (0221) port F written ff

I've attached my attract.cfg, MAME.cfg files. I haven't created a custom mame.ini file.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you

PS. I also tried running attract from the command line with the --loglevel set to debug. I've attached the output. I'm curious about the line near the bottom...

- Pause Hotkey pressed, sending SIGSTOP signal to process 5448
Themes / Re: Nostalgic Build, theme per system AM+
« Last post by zestful on April 07, 2024, 09:25:11 AM »
Looks great

Thanks mate, another good one coming soon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10