Author Topic: Attract Mode 2.5.1 experimental build available for Windows  (Read 2828 times)

Oomek

• Administrator
  • Radek Dutkiewicz
    • View Profile
    • github.com/oomek
Attract Mode 2.5.1 experimental build available for Windows
« on: November 12, 2018, 09:53:29 AM »
Hi, would some of you be brave enough and spare some time to test my latest Attract Mode build and report any unusual behaviour (good or bad) comparing to the official 2.5.0 ? I would like to know about any bugs before my pull requests got merged, so I can fix it beforehand.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag7uFeM0f_fzhYBVksVr1ZgoMjhkvA

If you have an nVidia card make sure you disabled the Threaded Optimization in your nvidia control panel. It will be disabled automaticaly in my next commit.

Changelog in the descriptions of the last five pull requests is available here:
https://github.com/mickelson/attract/pulls
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 10:00:39 AM by Oomek »

jimmer

• View Profile
Re: Attract Mode 2.5.1 experimental build available for Windows
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 07:46:54 AM »

I will test if you are trying to fix focus/blackscreen problems. 

Currently I'm on  2.0.0.cr2 as it's the only version I've found that works on my arcade cabinet. Most versions of AM work fine on my desktop.

cabinet:  Win7 64bit SP1 aerotheme (necessary) Intel HD2000 integrated graphics.
desktop: Win7 64bit SP1 aerotheme (necessary) NVIDIA GeForce GT 710

I just tried 2.5.0 and your 2.5.1exp with fresh mame0203b 64bit binary.

They both exhibit this bad behaviour:

After loading AM, selecting a game (frogger) gives Blackscreen.
Game is not running in background. Alt+Tab, windows Key, Alt+F4, ESC all seem to do nothing,
I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del and select Task Manager.
I can then see the various windows tabs in the task bar, and can select Mame.   
When I Esc out of the game, the TaskManager is in front of AM, but I can click onto AM
from there everything works fine from then on.

If I do an exit to desktop and then restart AM, I'm back to square1: I get the blackscreen when select a game.

dukpoki

• View Profile
Re: Attract Mode 2.5.1 experimental build available for Windows
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 12:32:35 PM »

I will test if you are trying to fix focus/blackscreen problems. 

Currently I'm on  2.0.0.cr2 as it's the only version I've found that works on my arcade cabinet. Most versions of AM work fine on my desktop.

cabinet:  Win7 64bit SP1 aerotheme (necessary) Intel HD2000 integrated graphics.
desktop: Win7 64bit SP1 aerotheme (necessary) NVIDIA GeForce GT 710

I just tried 2.5.0 and your 2.5.1exp with fresh mame0203b 64bit binary.

They both exhibit this bad behaviour:

After loading AM, selecting a game (frogger) gives Blackscreen.
Game is not running in background. Alt+Tab, windows Key, Alt+F4, ESC all seem to do nothing,
I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del and select Task Manager.
I can then see the various windows tabs in the task bar, and can select Mame.   
When I Esc out of the game, the TaskManager is in front of AM, but I can click onto AM
from there everything works fine from then on.

If I do an exit to desktop and then restart AM, I'm back to square1: I get the blackscreen when select a game.

But if it's working on your desktop but not on your cabinet then it's not AM that is the problem, nor is it the version.  It is your computer (particularly the one in your cabinet).  FYI, Mame works perfectly fine with no black screen on v2.5.0 for me.  The only time I had problems is when I started playing with batch files.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 12:34:54 PM by dukpoki »