Author Topic: Arcade1up Pac-Man 40th Anniversary theme  (Read 4454 times)

stazna01

• View Profile
Arcade1up Pac-Man 40th Anniversary theme
« on: August 12, 2020, 10:01:19 PM »
The Arcade1up 40th Anniversary arcade machine https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pacman-40th-Anniversary-Edition-Arcade-Machine-Arcade1Up/747431257 has a great UI, but was lacking some of the most popular vertical games. I was able to fully recreate the Pac-Man 40th Anniversary game selection UI in Photoshop, and jedione was a champ and able to turn that into an attract mode theme (thank you, jedione).

This theme was built to allow for a specific set of 20 games: BurgerTime, Dig Dug, Dig Dug II, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Junior, Donkey Kong 3, Frogger, Galaga, Galaxian, Jr. Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Namco Classic Collection Vol. 1, Namco Classic Collection Vol. 2, Nibbler, Pac and Pal, Pac-Man, Pac-Man Plus, Pac-Mania, Space Invaders, and Super Pac-Man. The theme includes the stock machine's left/right sound, as well as the game selection sound. I also included the startup video.

Many people modding their Arcade1up machines don't know how to set up their raspberry pi without a pre-made image, so if anyone wants to make an image with this theme, please feel free!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te0R4CJ3jOw

Theme download: https://rb.gy/aqrc9i

Misterhollyw00d

• View Profile
Re: Arcade1up Pac-Man 40th Anniversary theme
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 12:14:02 AM »
Just a follow up on a small issue. When the menu first loads, there’s no game logo just blank rectangles. Once I move the joystick to scroll all the game images load.

Also the sound files not working

Disregard I see the issue. Script is set to #return to index 0 set to pacman
Im using puckman rom so it probably can't find it  ;D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 12:29:53 AM by Misterhollyw00d »

tommiegunz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 03:07:28 PM »
i love the look of this but i have two cabs is their a way to make this horizontal for another cab i have

stazna01

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 10:47:49 PM »
Attract Mode currently has an image caching bug which makes the images not show in the theme until you go left or right. I just figured out a workaround for this theme that seems to work well. After the "fe.layout.orient=RotateScreen.Left;" line in layout.nut, add...

fe.signal( "toggle_mute" );
fe.signal( "prev_game" );
fe.signal( "next_game" );
fe.signal( "toggle_mute" );

...This temporarily mutes things, quickly hits previous and next, and unmutes. It's so fast you don't see it happen, and since it's muted, you don't hear it. From a user standpoint, it just looks like it's loading normally.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 03:39:25 PM by stazna01 »