Author Topic: Help on adding an exit video?  (Read 2508 times)

jallison

• View Profile
Help on adding an exit video?
« on: June 06, 2018, 08:36:34 PM »
Is there a way to add a exit video similar to the intro video but plays when closing attract mode? I am using Linux on a regular PC and prefer working with the GUI or files, not the terminal. I don't mind editing/adding new configuration files now and then but I don't have much experience with it. This could be useful by adding a video containing directions on what to do after the machine is turned off (unplug, flip a switch, etc..) or adding credits.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Help on adding an exit video?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 08:52:53 PM »
Is there a way to add a exit video similar to the intro video but plays when closing attract mode? I am using Linux on a regular PC and prefer working with the GUI or files, not the terminal. I don't mind editing/adding new configuration files now and then but I don't have much experience with it. This could be useful by adding a video containing directions on what to do after the machine is turned off (unplug, flip a switch, etc..) or adding credits.

Configure-->General-->Exit Command

Here you can enter the command to run your video when exiting AttractMode.

jallison

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 12:31:29 PM »
Ok, I can't figure out how to do this. I'm guessing this would be done by adding a script path in the exit command or is there a command that goes directly there?
Either way, what application would be playing it (I'm trying to make it the same as the intro video not something like vlc media player) and what would the command/file look like? I'm basically lost with no manual and no idea what I'm doing. I guess I should mention I don't have much programming experience.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 02:22:16 PM »
Code: [Select]
ffplay -fs -autoexit ~\.attract\intro\intro.mp4

Here's a basic command assuming you have ffmpeg installed. You can adjust it to suit your needs.

This command can be entered directly in to the "Exit Command" field or you can create a script with the command and call the script from the "Exit Command" field.