Author Topic: Joystick Identification switches after every restart  (Read 2836 times)

jsupreme23

• View Profile
Joystick Identification switches after every restart
« on: October 23, 2017, 02:07:11 PM »
Hey Guys!! Have a weird issue that I can't seem to figure out. I am using a zero delay encoder for awhile now and everything functioned normally until yesterday.  Whenever I shut down the pie and turn it back on, the identity of the controller changes, which is forcing me to remap my controls all over again. The encoder will change from joy0 to joy1 to joy2 etc... after every reboot (after 10 reboots the joystick is labeled as joy10). I took a look at the attract.cfg file and can see all the entries for the controller listed. I even tried removing all entries  for the controller in attract.cfg but that didn't solve the issue. Can anyone shed some light into what I am currently dealing with?

KTURNER

• View Profile
Re: Joystick Identification switches after every restart
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 05:10:46 AM »
I noticed no one has answered and its been awhile since you posted. I don't really know anything about pie but I think I remember someone had to use a joy to key type program.

slydog43

• View Profile
Re: Joystick Identification switches after every restart
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 06:52:25 PM »
you can add multiple joy codes to control AM.  If your using MAME you can set Joy ID's also.  I  feel your pain as I have this issue with my multiple Panel attactment setup.