Author Topic: Attract Mode 2.0 debs (updated working)  (Read 8920 times)

akafox

• View Profile
Attract Mode 2.0 debs (updated working)
« on: May 05, 2016, 02:58:39 PM »
OK so I had to go back to 15.10 and build. However I did test them out on 16.04 and it worked fine as far as I could tell. Use it enjoy it. Any problems let me know here.

64-bit

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 01:32:36 AM by akafox »
People want life easy..then complain about it

akafox

• View Profile
Re: Attract Mode 2.0 debs
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 01:31:42 AM »
And 32-bit

[attachment deleted by admin]

igor

• View Profile
Re: Attract Mode 2.0 debs (updated working)
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 12:20:49 PM »
Any problems let me know here.
64-bit

I have a dual monitor setup (Laptop screen with additional (main) HDMI display that work as contiguous desktop (left side= laptop, right side= HDMI display), on KDE.
When I start the program, it shows a piece of UI on the left screen (the laptops screen), but it's centered even further to the left.
A portion on the left side of the right screen (HDMI Display) is black, the rest shows the underlying windows.
I'll try to create a cfg file and see if I can force some parameters (like coordinates).
Unfortunately I have just tried this program for the first time, so I do not have any base cfg file to rely on.
Will check the docs, but if anybody can throw me one, it would speed up the debugging.

igor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 12:36:32 PM »
Update:
if I disable the laptop display, things work as expected, so this is good enough workaround for me.

I suspect the bug is in the way the window is create: instead of using the virtual desktop, it should by default stick to one of the physical displays.

hieppo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 07:06:22 AM »
Wow thanks for compiling the updated v2.0.  It works beautifully and much faster than having to run it in a Windows VM.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 08:49:46 AM »
Update:
if I disable the laptop display, things work as expected, so this is good enough workaround for me.

I suspect the bug is in the way the window is create: instead of using the virtual desktop, it should by default stick to one of the physical displays.

I'll try that myself and see if I can gather some information on it..however that is something that should be addressed to ray.

Wow thanks for compiling the updated v2.0.  It works beautifully and much faster than having to run it in a Windows VM.

Well as for the VM I just said that so that people could test it out without possibly messing up the system. It should work on 16.04 (it does on mine anyway deb as well). The tool I use to create the deb will not work in 16.04 because of dependency problems. I am hoping to find an alternative or figure out how to do it to "ubuntu specs" (if so i can submit it to the official repo maybe) I kept running into problems. I need to do that though...15.10 reaches end of life in two months. Or I hope they will update my little package program.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 08:27:30 AM by akafox »

HobbitCy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 10:30:28 PM »
Hi, I Got attract-1.6.2amd64.deb working - Installed just fine in Mint 17.3 but the v2.00 are complaining about dependency missing
Please help, just getting started, Thanks.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 12:53:38 PM »
Yeah I always had problems with mint past 17. But let me see if I can help you. You can highlight and right click right click and copy the errors then post them here. I know someone around here got it to work....

HobbitCy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 09:46:13 PM »
After installing
libnettle6_3.2-1_amd64.deb
libarchive13_3.1.2-11build1_amd64.deb
libarchive-dev_3.1.2-11build1_amd64.deb
AttractMode_2.0.0_amd64.deb now gives me Error Dependency is not satisfiable: libfontconfig1 (>= 2.11.1-0ubuntu6)
Can't find the right files to install to satisfy it though : (
Thanks for any help you can provide.

shock_

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 06:42:45 AM »
After installing
libnettle6_3.2-1_amd64.deb
libarchive13_3.1.2-11build1_amd64.deb
libarchive-dev_3.1.2-11build1_amd64.deb
AttractMode_2.0.0_amd64.deb now gives me Error Dependency is not satisfiable: libfontconfig1 (>= 2.11.1-0ubuntu6)
Can't find the right files to install to satisfy it though : (
Thanks for any help you can provide.

If you're on Mint 17.3, that's based on Ubuntu Trusty: https://www.linuxmint.com/download_all.php

Trusty only includes libfontconfig1 up to 2.11.0-0ubuntu4 at this time: http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/libfontconfig1

Compare the Xenial libfontconfig1 which is version 2.11.94-0ubuntu1: http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/libfontconfig1
(and therefore greater than 2.11.1-0ubuntu6 which you need)

You could try pinning libfontconfig1 to Xenial, then running apt-get update and apt-get install libfontconfig1
See http://askubuntu.com/questions/103320/install-packages-from-newer-release-without-building-apt-pinning

HobbitCy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 08:32:39 AM »
wow okay ill need to look into that then
Thanks