Author Topic: robospin marquee  (Read 20088 times)

na1337

• View Profile
Re: robospin marquee
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2016, 02:59:19 AM »
The names of your "emulators" in Attract-Mode need to match the file names in ./attract/layouts/robospin/clogos/. You also need to go to Configure-->Displays--><choose emulator>-->Layout Options-->Enable Game Marquees and set it to "No".
First of all thank you very much for your help!!
However it doesn't work for me. First of all, I didn't have a directory "clogos" - is that right? I created it, to no avail. Shows a black marquee
Also, I do have two robospin dirs:
./attract/layouts/robospin
./attract/layouts/robospin-betanew
in which one does clogos go?

.jpg file is fine, right? Doesn't have to be .png?

Thanks again!!

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2016, 08:21:35 AM »
na1337-

There should be a clogos DIR under your robospin DIR. If not, there is a newer version here. -> https://app.box.com/s/9i198vvan9r05g5zbsxocnyk2dng4jh2.

Also, unzip at the root of layouts. If you unzip in a robospin folder it will create another robospin folder and the layout.nut won't be initialized by AM. Once, the new robospin_new folder has been created under layouts, you should be able to select the new robospin under your Display. Then its just a matter of changing the clogos images to match your emulators names. You can also add your own images following the same rule.

na1337

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2016, 01:51:19 PM »
@omegaman

YES. That was it! Now it's working! Thankyouthankyouthankyou  ;D :D

Two follow up questions if I may:

1. "Layout Options" are global, right? At least if I change one option in Atari2600 in changes in MAME as well. I'm asking because ergo it's not possible to have different Layout Options for each emulator (e.g. individual marquees for MAME, but just "Atari" marquee for Atari games)?

2. Is there a way to find out which version my robospin is? I didn't know that there was a new version....

Thanks again to everybody! :)

N.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2016, 10:50:43 AM »
na1337-

Correct! Though, there is a work around. Just copy and paste the robospin folder with a new name like robospin_nes etc and change the display layout to the new folder. This way you can have individual settings for your different displays using robospin.   

na1337

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 01:30:00 PM »
@omegaman

thanks, I will try that. :)
May I ask again, if there is way to find out, what version my robospin is?