Author Topic: Please Help How i load Apple1 games in MAME? how s the argument?  (Read 2005 times)

gamesmame

• View Profile
Please Help How i load Apple1 games in MAME? how s the argument?
« on: February 07, 2022, 12:23:51 PM »
How i load Apple1 games in MAME? how s the argument? Please Help!!

Mark Norville

• View Profile
Re: Please Help How i load Apple1 games in MAME? how s the argument?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 12:28:53 PM »
I do not know off hand, but if you look in the emulators section http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?board=8.0

You might find the set up for it. Always good to do a forum search before asking a question.

I just done a quick google search and by the look of it for cli commands you have to use something like this

-flop 1 for 5.25 dics

mame64 apple2gs -flop3 FTA_Nucleus.2mg (for 3.5 inch)

mame64 apple2ee -sl7 cffa2 -hard1

However, as I do not have Apple set up, and not even sure if I have the roms, I cannot check to see if this works https://wiki.mamedev.org/index.php/Driver:Apple_II

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 12:40:45 PM by Mark Norville »
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville

gamesmame

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 12:55:50 PM »
I think the APPLE1 dont use disket/flop... use only cassetes... "WAV" zipeds... I found this information:

https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/drivers/apple1.cpp

But i am a noob and i have some dificulty for input this commands in Attract Mode.  :-\

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 01:05:54 PM »
I just had a look at the website, and also RetroArch, RA does not have a core for Apple, which is unusual so it must be a hard system to emulate.

As for the website, all of that went over my head it looks a lot of hassle just to load up a game, I shall do some more digging as I am just sat here waiting till sleep time.

I just checked my hard drives and I have near enough every rom set under the sun, but nothing for Apple, I have BBC, I have Electron I have all sorts of weird old computers, just not the Apple.

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 01:24:23 PM by Mark Norville »
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

gamesmame

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 03:27:37 AM »
I just had a look at the website, and also RetroArch, RA does not have a core for Apple, which is unusual so it must be a hard system to emulate.

As for the website, all of that went over my head it looks a lot of hassle just to load up a game, I shall do some more digging as I am just sat here waiting till sleep time.

I just checked my hard drives and I have near enough every rom set under the sun, but nothing for Apple, I have BBC, I have Electron I have all sorts of weird old computers, just not the Apple.

Regards

Mark

@Mark
Yes RetroArch, RA don't have a core for Apple, and yes be a hard system to emulate. i look this.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRkq2Sh1sNg MAN i think its help us to understand the how Apple1 works, Please look and if you can help me to input this in Attract Mode with auto commands, for AM load a game and the AM put the codes autoboot for the game runs in automatic mode, for not nessessary commands with any interation for user.. you understand?

@Hermmine help here to MAN ;)

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 03:54:47 AM »
I just looked at the video and a hell of a lot of hassle to get the games working. I am not going to spend time on this as it seems a lot of work to do.

However, you would be better off looking at batch files to get the games to load

So you create a text document, say Bowling.txt, save that as a bat file so Bowling.bat

Have AM load that Bowling.bat file to load the game

Inside of that bat file, you would have all the commands needed to load the game

Load "Bowling.whatever"
run

That is the only way you could do it, or possibly anyway. It looks a complex system to set up, and I am setting up my arcade section at the moment, and I am not going to mess around with this, otherwise I will spend days on the thing to get it working.

Regards

Mark

gamesmame

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 04:55:53 AM »

Regards

Mark

I found this too..  https://www.scullinsteel.com/apple1  i thing for game load need this commands!!!

And Okay my friend, but anyway for trying!

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2022, 06:09:02 AM »
Ok just doing some more searches as I am taking a break for a while

Try

mame apple1 -cassette c:\location\to\aceyducey.wav (Change game to suit)

Some games (such as Acey Ducey) requires loading the basic tape first before being able to load the game tape. To do so, you load the basic tape then type C100R, return, E000.EFFFE, return, then start the tape. Once the tape finishes loading, you need to type E000R then return.

:load

As I say though, you might need a batch file to get it working

This is a bat file from the Apple 2

@ECHO OFF
CD..
mameNEW64.exe apple2e -gameio joy -flop1 ".\roms\Pacman.dsk" -cfg_directory ".\cfg\Pacman" -statename "Pacman" -state_directory ".\sta\apple2e"
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 06:21:18 AM by Mark Norville »

gamesmame

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2022, 06:29:28 AM »
I try this, and "WORK":

mame apple1 -cass basic -autoboot_command "\n\nC100R\n\nE000.EFFFE\n"

You know this "autocomands?" but when finish block all commands and i dont know how proceed  :-\