Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.2 [Release] Updated 22 April 2024  (Read 561529 times)

jackson99

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 16.6 [Release] Updated 13 December 2023
« Reply #1575 on: December 28, 2023, 04:49:53 AM »
After deleting (EmulatorName).db1 and (EmulatorName).db2 and generating new romlist, everything works the way intended. My new question becomes, the History would only show "There's an error loading game data. Please check history.dat preferences in the layout option." which I did but couldn't figure out what went wrong. Any idea?

Ok, so deleting db1 and db2 was the right thing to do, but you could also refresh the romlist and db from the options. Deleting the file is equally fine though.

As far as history.dat, maybe you usually use the history.dat plugin, but AF has its own implementation of that plugin so you have to setup the history.dat path in AF options, and regenerate the database from there.
All of a sudden, I couldn't find where I can set history.dat path. Moreover, may I know how how to set game video? I already set video path in Attract Mode Emulator.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1576 on: December 29, 2023, 01:21:37 AM »
All of a sudden, I couldn't find where I can set history.dat path. Moreover, may I know how how to set game video? I already set video path in Attract Mode Emulator.

You have to set it up in Arcadeflow options, Scrape and Metadata, there's a section for setting up mame datafiles that AF will use.

As per the video path, how did you set it up in your emulator .cfg file?

jackson99

• View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: December 29, 2023, 05:27:11 AM »

You have to set it up in Arcadeflow options, Scrape and Metadata, there's a section for setting up mame datafiles that AF will use.

As per the video path, how did you set it up in your emulator .cfg file?

Thanks. May I know how to load MAMEInfo.dat and History.XML to AF? Mame loads them just fine.

Below is my artwork setup for the emulator.
artwork    snap            am/files/snap
artwork    video           am/files/videos

The only way I know to load the video is to set the video folder as the snap folder. May I know how I should set it up so I can have snap only when browsing the games and vidoe when I on the specific game history page?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 06:10:00 AM by jackson99 »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1578 on: December 30, 2023, 02:10:54 AM »
Thanks. May I know how to load MAMEInfo.dat and History.XML to AF? Mame loads them just fine.
Not 100% sure, what is in mameinfo.dat? Usually Attract Mode imports mame xml data if you generate the xml in mame and you set info_source listxml in the emulator .cfg

The only way I know to load the video is to set the video folder as the snap folder. May I know how I should set it up so I can have snap only when browsing the games and vidoe when I on the specific game history page?

Remove those two lines and set it up like this:

artwork    snap            am/files/snap;am/files/videos

that should do the trick and setup both static and videos under snap

jackson99

• View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: December 31, 2023, 04:19:16 AM »
Not 100% sure, what is in mameinfo.dat? Usually Attract Mode imports mame xml data if you generate the xml in mame and you set info_source listxml in the emulator .cfg

Remove those two lines and set it up like this:

artwork    snap            am/files/snap;am/files/videos

that should do the trick and setup both static and videos under snap

Mameinfo https://www.reddit.com/r/MAME/comments/39gi33/mameinfodat_and_mame_listinfos_are_your_friends/

Looks like AF only accepts History.DAT as opposed to History.XML. May I know if that's the not case?

The semicolon works. May I know if there's another menu to display other artworks, such as flyer, control panel and cover?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1580 on: December 31, 2023, 07:49:08 AM »

Looks like AF only accepts History.DAT as opposed to History.XML. May I know if that's the not case?

The semicolon works. May I know if there's another menu to display other artworks, such as flyer, control panel and cover?

Correct, AF only supports history.dat, I wasn't aware that history.xml exist so I'll have to add support for it if history.dat is getting obsolete.

As far as other artwork, AF can switch between snap mode and box art mode, in box art mode you'll see box art or flyers instead of the game screen (artwork name: flyer). Control panel artwork and other kind of media are not currently supported, even marquees are not unless you have it setup for live marquee.

jackson99

• View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: January 01, 2024, 06:18:21 AM »

Correct, AF only supports history.dat, I wasn't aware that history.xml exist so I'll have to add support for it if history.dat is getting obsolete.

As far as other artwork, AF can switch between snap mode and box art mode, in box art mode you'll see box art or flyers instead of the game screen (artwork name: flyer). Control panel artwork and other kind of media are not currently supported, even marquees are not unless you have it setup for live marquee.

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing https://docs.mamedev.org/plugins/data.html and artworks on https://www.progettosnaps.net/index.php being accepted by AF.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1582 on: January 06, 2024, 06:11:14 AM »
Thanks. Looking forward to seeing https://docs.mamedev.org/plugins/data.html and artworks on https://www.progettosnaps.net/index.php being accepted by AF.

I'm doing something different: AF uses a mix of ADB and ScreenScraper scraping for arcade games, but I'm adding an option that will scrape only from ADB. Since ADB is updated with the latest data that's already in progettosnap and history.dat/history.xml, access to those won't be needed anymore and the scraper will take care of all the metadata.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 16.8 [Release] Updated 12 January2024
« Reply #1583 on: January 11, 2024, 10:45:04 PM »
Arcadeflow 16.8 is out!

Added options to select a scraper engine for arcade media and history data
Added options to maximise or remove history text panel
Fixed glitch when AA is enabled on macOS
Added MTX, Tomy Tutor, Exidy Sorcerer, Sharp MZ-2500, Sord M5
Added Vector-06C, Apogee BK-01, Olivetti PC1 and PC128
Added RCA Studio II, Othello Multivision, Nuon, VC 4000, Hector HRX
Added Hyper Neo Geo, Sega Nomad
Added Light Gun#ARCADE and Light Gun#CONSOLE wallpaper

Enjoy!

jackson99

• View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: January 18, 2024, 06:38:14 AM »

I'm doing something different: AF uses a mix of ADB and ScreenScraper scraping for arcade games, but I'm adding an option that will scrape only from ADB. Since ADB is updated with the latest data that's already in progettosnap and history.dat/history.xml, access to those won't be needed anymore and the scraper will take care of all the metadata.

I see. Scraping takes a lot more time than simply downloading history.xml

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1585 on: January 20, 2024, 01:25:59 AM »

That's true but the new ADB only scraper for arcade is blazing fast if you only need to scrape metadata and not media (because you already scraped them or you already have them). It's ScreenScraper handshake that slows down the scraper.

jackson99

• View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: January 29, 2024, 06:15:02 AM »

That's true but the new ADB only scraper for arcade is blazing fast if you only need to scrape metadata and not media (because you already scraped them or you already have them). It's ScreenScraper handshake that slows down the scraper.
May I know how to use the new ADB to only scrape metadata in ArcadeFlow?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1587 on: January 29, 2024, 07:05:22 AM »

In the scraper options you can select the metadata scraper to be "ADB Only", and then disable media scraping so that only metadata is scraped.

jackson99

• View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: January 30, 2024, 04:19:59 AM »

In the scraper options you can select the metadata scraper to be "ADB Only", and then disable media scraping so that only metadata is scraped.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page