Author Topic: Is it possible to automount cd images into a virtual drive?  (Read 2436 times)

appollo147

• View Profile
Like the topic title says I need to auto load cd images into alcohol 120%. I use Magic Engine for TG-16 and TG-CD games and it requires the image to be mounted, or a CD in the physical drive to run CD games. And before anyone says anything I know their are newer emulators, but I still like magic engine the best. Could someone please tell me if it is possible for attract mode to mount an image? And if so please give me instructions on how to do it. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

rand0m

• View Profile
Re: Is it possible to automount cd images into a virtual drive?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 01:25:49 PM »
This code should work:
Code: [Select]
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\AxCmd.exe" V: /U
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\AxCmd.exe" V: /M:"D:\Emulation\Saturn\1234.cue"
start /wait "" cd "F:\Emulation\Sega Saturn\Emulators\SSF\SSF.exe"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\AxCmd.exe" V: /U

If it doesn't work remove "start /wait "" cd " and try.

This code will first check and remove any mounted image found (to safeguard against quick exiting/ entering game where the iso might still be mounted), it will then mount the image of selected rom and un-mount it when you exit the game.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 01:31:28 PM »
It's 2020, convert them to .chd. http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2290.msg15484#msg15484

Other options include using a batch file or Rocketlaucher.

I think the latest version of your desired emulator supports .chd.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 01:38:11 PM by progets »

appollo147

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 02:45:23 PM »
Thanx for the help rand0m, and please excuse the newbie question but where do I pus the commands?

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 09:02:35 AM »
np, this is a bat file you can either use the bat file directly by using it as executable in emulator.cfg for testing or use it as a custom executable for the game by opening the edit game options. Custom executable is better imho because it will allow you to copy paste and create multiple game entries with ease. Using it as an executable in emulator.cfg will only mount the single iso you put in the bat file.

I *think* we can use "romfilename".cue so bat file opens the cue file of selected game but I used it way back so not sure. If romfilename option works then you can use it as executable in emulator.cfg "romfilename" will ensure that correct image is mounted.

for using it as an executable in emulator.cfg (the emulator file of the system you are using it for) open the file and after executable add the complete address + name of file e.g. d:\t16\pacman.bat

for using it as a custom executable either open the game edit options and enter the location+name of bat or manually create a gamename.cfg file in /romlists/systemname/ e.g. for a game pacman in system t16 create \romlists\t16\pacman.cfg
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 09:10:36 AM by rand0m »

hermine.potter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 10:01:57 PM »
Would like to show two more options, getting images to emulator:

1) using another emulator + integrated mount options:
you already know, that there exists another emulators.
but this should be mentioned, that meanwhile many of them have an integrated mount option support.
so preloading of images is not necessary.
for example bizhawk (emuhawk) is a multi-system emulator and supports TurboGrafx.

2) using a general batch file to mount dynamic image file and starts it in emulator, using commandline parameters : %1:
for example, to mount a DVD-video-image with WinCDEmu (image mounting freeware tool) and start it in VLC:

-create a batchfile (for example : START.bat):
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\WinCDEmu\batchmnt.exe" /unmountall
"C:\Program Files (x86)\WinCDEmu\batchmnt.exe" %1
"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" dvd:///d:/ --fullscreen

-set in VLC-settings the ESC key as Close-Hotkey

-in AM:
executable           cmd
args                 /c C:\attract\EMU\DVD\START.bat "[romfilename]"
rompath              C:\attract\EMU\DVD\ROMS
romext               .iso;.img
system               PC
info_source          thegamesdb.net
exit_hotkey          Escape

AM starts START.bat with rompath + romfilename as commandline parameter.
inside the batch file, %1 takes this rompath + romfilename and mounts the image to next empty drive D: (you can define a specific drive too. See commandline parameters of WinCDEmu).
VLC starts playback of "inserted DVD on drive D:"

« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 10:05:40 PM by hermine.potter »
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM