Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Image for Pi2, Pi3 and Pi4 - with RetroPie  (Read 524103 times)

Roverius

• View Profile
Re: Raspberry Pi Image for Pi 2 and Pi 3
« Reply #210 on: May 13, 2016, 11:58:19 AM »
Ok, escape key never work for me to exit in libretro emulators but I have two keys to do that. One of then is hotkey. It's used to do special actions: Menu GUI of Retroarch, Exit emulator, Save State, etc.

Add this two lines in your retroarch.cfg to add Exit Emulator using HotKey. Then, your can change it:

input_exit_emulator = "num1"
input_enable_hotkey = "num2"

With this two lines, if you pulse 1 and 2 twice, you exit from emulator. Try it!

I inputted those 2 lines, somehow it exited, but it exited to the command prompt.
Also, when i scroll true the games list, AM freezes.

I going to try withe the differnt MAME emulators and see what happens.

Thx anyway for the reply and i keep it updated.

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 13, 2016, 12:08:37 PM »
Ok, escape key never work for me to exit in libretro emulators but I have two keys to do that. One of then is hotkey. It's used to do special actions: Menu GUI of Retroarch, Exit emulator, Save State, etc.

Add this two lines in your retroarch.cfg to add Exit Emulator using HotKey. Then, your can change it:

input_exit_emulator = "num1"
input_enable_hotkey = "num2"

With this two lines, if you pulse 1 and 2 twice, you exit from emulator. Try it!

I got the same thing.
Had two issues, high definition preview video's borked sound on the RPI.

I inputted those 2 lines, somehow it exited, but it exited to the command prompt.
Also, when i scroll true the games list, AM freezes.

I going to try withe the differnt MAME emulators and see what happens.

Thx anyway for the reply and i keep it updated.

Floob

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 13, 2016, 01:14:50 PM »
@roverius
This may help with how the hotkeys work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBnKFRflEV4

You can either set hotkeys to require an "enable" button first, or to just work by pressing a single button/key.
RetroPie Help Guides: https://goo.gl/3gcNsT

Roverius

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 13, 2016, 01:26:18 PM »
@roverius
This may help with how the hotkeys work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBnKFRflEV4

You can either set hotkeys to require an "enable" button first, or to just work by pressing a single button/key.

Thanks Floob,
I am going to look into this, thx for the videolink.

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 13, 2016, 07:35:53 PM »
Can someone test using Floobs 0.4 and a external usb hdd for roms/vids and artwork if they get corruption after while of usuage where even if rebooting pi all you get is retropie splash and then a blank screen and cannot ssh in either.

iif you have some time

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 13, 2016, 10:03:58 PM »
I have reloaded Floobs 0.4 - another issue I noticed is on atari2600 is when I scroll the games list too quick, I loose all video snap on robospin beta and nevato, I need to reboot the pi to get the video snaps working again and if I scroll through the list again to quick I loose the video snaps 240 image quality, the wheel art is still there and I can play the game is this bug withing attract mode?

Roverius

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 13, 2016, 10:56:16 PM »
I have reloaded Floobs 0.4 - another issue I noticed is on atari2600 is when I scroll the games list too quick, I loose all video snap on robospin beta and nevato, I need to reboot the pi to get the video snaps working again and if I scroll through the list again to quick I loose the video snaps 240 image quality, the wheel art is still there and I can play the game is this bug withing attract mode?

Same problem here, when scrolling to fast, the AM freezes.
To be honest, the best working version for me is V0.2 so far
Maybe, when the AM freezes, it could because of the use of a external HD-drive on the V0.4
It also takes longer to load.

I use a Raspberry Pi 3
@Omamez,
What Pi do you have?
And what power supply? (at least 2 amps is needed)
For external drive, i suggest you use a powered drive and not a drive that is powered over USB.

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 13, 2016, 11:18:22 PM »
@Roveruis,

1 x RPI3
1 x 2.5amps power supply
1 x 32GB Ultra Scandisk class 10 for OS
1 x 160gb Toshiba 2.5inch  HDD external powered

after few reboot's I loose I get blank screen with no fuctionality I can see the pi doing its thing green light flickering away only way to get it back is to reflash teh sd card

I may try the 0.2 again and see if I have same issues and also change HDD

also keep in mind i have also updated the pi with sudo apt-get update and upgrade etc see if it would make difference but didn't
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 11:21:47 PM by Omamez »

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 14, 2016, 01:18:29 AM »
Did 30min testing so far no hard crashes with v0.2 so the problem must lay in the v0.4, as v0.4 would hard crash after 10minutes and few reboots I could be wrong v0.2 seems more stable atm

but only gripe I have is that it introduces the bug on 16:9 that the Am intro and emulator selector menu is positioned far left bottom and not centered screened although once game is picked the game is centered like v0.4

Floob

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 14, 2016, 02:17:32 AM »
Do you get an error when not using an external hard disk?
I'm also assuming the first thing you do when the image is written is to expand the filesystem?

Are you using the 0.4 image with or without artwork? Do remember AM will not like HD video files.
Do you get any small yellow square in the top right of the screen indicating overheating?
RetroPie Help Guides: https://goo.gl/3gcNsT

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 14, 2016, 02:53:57 AM »
Do you get an error when not using an external hard disk? - I have not tried v0.4 without External HDD yet
I'm also assuming the first thing you do when the image is written is to expand the filesystem? - yes I expand the file system on sd card and hdd is ext4

Are you using the 0.4 image with or without artwork? Do remember AM will not like HD video files. using v0.4 without artwork and I'm using 240 quality vids from emu and artwork from hyperspin
Do you get any small yellow square in the top right of the screen indicating overheating? no even if like yesterday I left it unplugged and rebooted in morning all I go was the retropie splash then blank screen not sure if it is vid drivers or the unit going to sleep and not waking up resolution is 720p 16:9 tv still testing v0.2 with no fault apart from the not centered themes and intro video AM

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 14, 2016, 03:38:02 AM »
Tried v0.4 now no external hdd hasn't crashed yet - I will try another hdd tomorrow need to find it first. and see if it does the same thing or not

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 14, 2016, 06:56:08 AM »
Ok tried 32gb ssd and it get currupted as well, after reboot it took like 30 to 40 seconds and when it rebooted inside my roms folder all the emulators and artworks got deleted so it might be issue with v0.4 only diffference this time it did boot into AM unlike the HDD 5400rpm drive didn't

Misterhollyw00d

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 14, 2016, 09:12:58 AM »
On the marquee. For ones that do not have a marquee you have an auto default. Is there a way to put an auto default for each emulator like the Arcade one now? Like the NES ones don't use marquee can each one on there show a default NES marquee. Then the Genesis have its own default etc

Will you be adding PC Engine/Turbo Grafix 16 to the list. That folder is empty

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 14, 2016, 10:09:27 AM »
On the marquee. For ones that do not have a marquee you have an auto default. Is there a way to put an auto default for each emulator like the Arcade one now? Like the NES ones don't use marquee can each one on there show a default NES marquee. Then the Genesis have its own default etc

Will you be adding PC Engine/Turbo Grafix 16 to the list. That folder is empty

I explained this a few pages back, just place a jpg or png with your emulator name in the marquee folder. When the frontend can't find the correct marquee it will use the emulator name as default.
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=705.msg5673#msg5673