Author Topic: new attract mode front page topic  (Read 6346 times)

akafox

• View Profile
new attract mode front page topic
« on: July 23, 2015, 10:25:09 AM »
I am torn. I don't want to fill up the forum with help me with "xyz.2.11.2" emulator set up...(that is help with the emulator itself..not setting it up in AM) raygun..would you allow that on this forum? I don't mind doing a write up for setting them up in AM to post here. However I do like discussing "emulator stuff" can we make that a new "topic" instead of posting them in the "general" section? Also I do not mind helping people with setting up the emulator itself (that will be part of my write ups) but I just feel that should be left on the actual emulators forums..yet I understand getting help there sometimes is like pulling teeth or begging :( mameinfo world is scary big and would intimidate a newbie! I even posted a question there and never got an answer..waited 2 months!

what do you guys feel about this?!

also would a "how to set up xyz emulator with attract mode" be welcome do you think?

how many of you "emulator veterans" are willing to help out getting emulators themselves set up for people?
People want life easy..then complain about it

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: new attract mode front page topic
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 09:50:40 PM »
Hey akafox,
I'm fine with having a more general emulation board on the forum if you want...  Is this what you mean?  Are you volunteering to be the moderator  ;D ??

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 05:10:25 AM »
Yes, he is volunteering. LOL! Right fox? I've been thinking about putting together a guide for setting up retroarch with AM, especially for the raspberry PI. As the command line is a lot more complicated when dealing with multiple configs. 
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 05:26:08 AM by omegaman »

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 05:24:10 AM »
Raygun-

I think we need a sub-forum for cabinet DIYers as well. What do you think?   

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 10:08:03 PM »
Hey akafox,
I'm fine with having a more general emulation board on the forum if you want...  Is this what you mean?  Are you volunteering to be the moderator  ;D ??

well guess I can. Glad you guys see my point. :) however I don't want to take anything away from any other fourms. I just know the crap involved to get going is all. Emulation is a pain sometimes. Setting people up with attact mode I think some how-tos would be great and I'd like to post them here. Again though I'm not wanting to make it a "one-stop emulation shop" either.

Raygun-

I think we need a sub-forum for cabinet DIYers as well. What do you think?   

I can post a crazy list of links to all kinds of places like that omega and other places as well. A general help though might be a good starting place. I guess that is a good idea...but if they need specifics for emulator or problems we should point them to that emulator fourm? But if they need basic stuff..well we already do that here...but it's just scattered everywhere :P

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 10:07:48 PM »
ok I've added the emulator forum now akafox.  happy posting!

Omega, I think byoac has the diy cabinet stuff well covered... ?

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 09:15:07 PM »
Omega, I think byoac has the diy cabinet stuff well covered... ?

I have to agree with him omega..that is an awesome site..and they have been around a while. I know we are the best front-end forum out there but we can't hog everything...can we? :P ;)

EDIT: wow ray..posted 1974 when you made that quote...maybe we have been around longer...

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 11:05:38 AM »
Guys-

I am cool with that. But, my point was to show byoc's highlighting custom AM layouts. I do peruse that site, but don't post on it. klov/vaps is a different story, best arcade site on internet. 

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 02:31:50 PM »
Guys-

I am cool with that. But, my point was to show byoc's highlighting custom AM layouts.

they are? ooooh....gimme link please?

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 03:29:43 PM »
Fox-

If you ever have an issue with your arcade or just need a technical questioned answered. This is the place to go. http://forums.arcade-museum.com/