Author Topic: Great difficulty setting up Attract mode  (Read 2622 times)

Exilic

• View Profile
Great difficulty setting up Attract mode
« on: March 25, 2017, 12:33:22 PM »
Hi Everyone.

New to the forum and attract mode.

I downloaded a pre made 64gb attract mode image.
I had difficulty setting up retroarch keys and configuring hotkeys.

I ran the Arcade emulator i could not configure any keys.

I am just hiving the worse time setting up the keys to play the games. NES gamea are fine but capcom and arcade emulator keys i have no way to configure the keys.

I googled for videos that gave a more in depth explanation on this but no avail.

Can attract mode work perfectly on a RPi 3?

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Great difficulty setting up Attract mode
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 03:28:56 AM »
It seems like the issue isn't with attractmode, it's with the emulators. If the image uses retro arch, launch an emulator and then try pressing f1. If a menu pops up, look through your options there.

Exilic

• View Profile
Re: Great difficulty setting up Attract mode
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 03:59:10 AM »
It seems like the issue isn't with attractmode, it's with the emulators. If the image uses retro arch, launch an emulator and then try pressing f1. If a menu pops up, look through your options there.

I actually did try that with every button on the keyboard as well as tab. But no luck yet.

The image does use retroarch and i think that is where my difficuly lies for me. Which function in retroarch should use F1 to open up options for settings?

I go to Arcade Emulator when i go to let's say Double Dragon, I press tab and F1 nothing comes up, when i go to a different game under Arcade Emulator and then press tab the options popup, but when i change the keys it does not work for Double Dragon.

I configured the keys in retroarch.cfg under arcade folder for player 1 copied/pasted to player 2 and rebooted and my left and right keys were not working for both players, and getting glgeterror 0x500 had to rewrite my backup image.

But i guess this forum is not for this issue
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:00:53 AM by Exilic »