Author Topic: FADE Loading Screen  (Read 9723 times)

Rymarllon

• View Profile
FADE Loading Screen
« on: April 27, 2017, 03:31:24 PM »
Is it possible to put fade screen in AM?

exemple:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXGvzZcxXOg

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: FADE Loading Screen
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 05:00:18 PM »

I started to create a plugin for this. Two things however.

• Games load instantly, so there really is no point in a loading screen except maybe to show mini marquee for controls on neo geo. Maybe other platforms have similar control artwork.
  • Attractmode will not launch in the background.
  • Transition.ToGame requires a redraw. Not so good if you want to show a video or animation.

So, I guess I could create a preset timed screen that will show mini marquees or similar artwork. Thats about it at the moment unless some one else knows other wise.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 08:03:04 PM »

That video is using RetroFE as the frontend and RocketLauncher as the backend. The fade screen is from RocketLauncher. You can do the same thing using Attract-Mode as the frontend and RocketLauncher as the backend. The only catch is RocketLauncher only runs on Windows.

Rymarllon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 08:56:38 PM »
I do not know how to integrate the attract-mode with rocketlauncher, could you help me?

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 09:37:39 PM »
I do not know how to integrate the attract-mode with rocketlauncher, could you help me?

Everything you need to integrate can be found here http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=858.0. The download has a readme file that explains how to do it.

You'll use the AM plugins in the zip file but you don't need to use the RL (RocketLauncher) and RLUI (RocketLauncherUI) plugins in the zip file. These are now built into RocketLauncher which is mentioned in this thread http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showthread.php?1167-AttractMode-Frontend-Plugin/page2.

The integration isn't too hard. Setting up RocketLauncher itself will we a larger task but has it some really cool features. Once you have RL setup it's easy to integrate with any FE.

You can see the RocketLauncher features here http://www.rlauncher.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page but you really need to experience them first hand. Just the Pause Menu while you're playing gives you access to the manuals, walk through guides, additional artwork like control panels, onscreen save states with pictures, hi-scores for mame, special per fighter moves for games like Mortal Kombat, etc.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 10:05:14 PM by progets »

bundangdon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 06:15:09 PM »
As Progets mentioned, try using RocketLauncher. It's definitely a large task to set up, but it's very much worth it in the end. For me, it also makes setting up emulators easier since it uses modules which are often updated by the RocketLauncher community, and the fade screens are the icing on the cake :)

Rymarllon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 08:41:27 AM »
As Progets mentioned, try using RocketLauncher. It's definitely a large task to set up, but it's very much worth it in the end. For me, it also makes setting up emulators easier since it uses modules which are often updated by the RocketLauncher community, and the fade screens are the icing on the cake :)

Code: [Select]
# Generated by Attract-Mode v2.2.1
#
executable           D:\retro-mode\RL\RocketLauncher.exe
args                 -s "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" -r "[name]" -p AttractMode -f "D:\retro-mode\attract.exe"
rompath              D:\retro-mode\systems\snes\roms
romext               .zip;.sfc
system               Super Nintendo Entertainment System
info_source          thegamesdb.net
artwork    flyer           D:\retro-mode\media\snes\flyer
artwork    marquee         D:\retro-mode\media\snes\marquee
artwork    snap            D:\retro-mode\media\snes\snap
artwork    wheel           D:\retro-mode\media\snes\wheel

I do everything right, but the games are not running, I do not know where I went wrong, could you help me with some scrits for example?

Rymarllon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 08:58:20 AM »
where did I go wrong?

Rymarllon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 09:02:11 AM »
The games do not appear in the roms list and I could not generate or use an official xml file because RL is not recognizing ....

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 10:22:40 PM »
Follow the instructions in the ReadMe file of the zip.

It clearly states that you need need to build the romlists before changing the xxx.cfg files for the plugin.

It also states that to use the command argument
-s "[emulator]" -r "[name]" -p AttractMode -f "D:\AttractMode\attract.exe"
you are using
-s "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" -r "[name]" -p AttractMode -f "D:\retro-mode\attract.exe"
This should work but is an example of a difference I see.

I'll also mention that you need to use the emulator names in Attract-Mode that RocketLauncher wants to see.

Lastly, your database error is likely due to missing the RLUI plugin database file that is included in the zip file.